VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA did C&P and now sent to VES for second C&P?

Rate this question

WBrennan

Question

Good rainy morning everyone!

I have a claim in for an ankle problem secondary to my SC left knee.  My ankle currently suffers from Ankle Impingement due to repeated sprains and in my MEPS exam it was noted that I had previously broken my ankle.  My knee condition causes me to favor my right ankle.  My MD and VA noted some limited ROM as well as instability.  The doctor at the VA noted her opinion that it is LESS likely than not (<50%) that it is secondary to my left knee SC disability.  I am kinda ok with that. Weeks later my claim moves to Pending Decision Approval for a few days then back to Review of Evidence then back to Gathering of Evidence. Weird but whatever.  Then I see they want to schedule a C&P exam (Still have two open claims) and I figure it was related to that.  It turns out, the VA is sending me to VES for a second C&P exam.  I think they are requesting their medical opinion.  This is where I am baffled.  I thought since the VA Doc said LESS likely than not it would go quickly to a denial.  I am confused about the second C&P for my ankle.  The VA paperwork for the C&P exam is well documented and accurate.  Thoughts on this? Good? Bad? Just getting support for the denial?  thanks!!

I received the email with the paperwork from VES on Friday.  I received a FedEx package on Monday. their appointment date in the paperwork was for Sunday 9/8/2019. I called  VES and confirm that they do work on weekends and he told me that the review was completed. I checked eBenefits today and it showing pending decision approval.  I will check back in eBenefits on Friday

Went to Preparation for Notification last night with a Monday date.  All claims still showing in the Pending Disabilities section, % rating has not changed.  Of the three claims,  I have had only one C&P exam. The other two I did not have a C&P exam but I had a buddy statement and letter from a doctor stating the conditions are related to military service.  My guess is the C&P exam(s) referenced in this post is the one being decided and the other two will be deferred.  Looks like it will be Monday... 🙂

And denied. Right ankle not service connected and denial of Flat Feet/ Plantar fasciitis denied as well (no C&P, had buddy statement and statement from Doctor)  Will be appealling these denials.