VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher-Level Review Closed

Rate this question

dapilgrim

Question

My Higher-Level Review was closed yesterday. The only information it stated on VA.Gov  was Your Higher-Level Review was closed. Please contact VA or your Veterans Service Organization or representative for more information. Nothing is stated on ebenefits showing an increase or anything. Does this indicate that it was denied?

On 8/6/2019 at 9:38 PM, GeekySquid said:

HLR as a distinct pathway was defined under AMA and that started Feb 19, 2019...you may just be the first or at least the first to post about it here on Hadit

did he say which was denied, which were referred?

Ok this is what happened.  One claim was denied for insomnia related to gulf war.    5 other were referred to the supplemental claim area because they were initiated before February 2019. Didn't understand that ruling.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not Necessarily. If you call Peggy, I don't think they will tell you anything either. They didn't to me. Check all the options; sometimes there is a clue, especially if it is positive. Or, wait to Monday and contact your rep/agent/VSO/ lawyer, whoever you have.

GBArmy is correct about this.  You need to check with your rep.  Sometimes ebenefits does not get updated in a timely manner.  In my last appeal to the BVA I received my BBE before ebenefits was updated.  If you are denied ebenefits will show the disability you claimed and that it is not service connected.  If this is not the case wait until you can contact your rep.

2 hours ago, dapilgrim said:

My Higher-Level Review was closed yesterday.

Hey @dapilgrim , couple things.

You don't mention your current ratings, statuses or what the HLR was about.

There are a couple circumstances you can get a solid idea what your outcome is as the VA, Peggy and your VSO stand there and shrug their shoulders.

In the event your HLR would bump you to 100%, TDIU or Schedular, then go to ebennies or va.gov and see if you have a "commissary" letter sitting there. It is the very first letter that is generated when you are awarded 100%. It has no dollar values in it so it is fast to get through the system.

Check the Disabilities link on Ebenefits. it frequently updates faster than getting the BBE.

I will ask you to open a thread under the AMA forum and document your timelines under the New Process which started Feb 9, 2019. That forum was set up to help us document speed and behavior under AMA like we knew under Legacy and even some under RAMP.

9 minutes ago, dapilgrim said:

I checked back today below is what is said.

that is progress, and seems to be favorable to you. Denying compensation really doesn't trigger a lot of system messages that vets can see. fingers crossed for ya!