VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Since 2012 I am rated SMC-S, 165% now additional claims

Rate this question

SGTWISH

Question

Initial claim approved @ 100% AO connected Ischemic Heart Disease, 15% tinnitus,0% hearing loss and 50% PTSD. Further physical degeneration since 2015: PD diagnosed and evolving thru body , diabetis diagnosed, in 2016 I had sudden hearing loss from 8th cranial nerve crack (TBI) -94 db on right (complete) and -33db on ledt ear. PD involves heavy Levadopa usage, shaking tremors, unintended articulation of limbs and gait modifying. I am being assisted and treated by VA already but is there any further compensation advantage to be gained by pursuing additional disabilities? Or just busy work to keep me active, sure could use allowing my wife to quit work....

2 answers to this question

Sounds like Sgtwish is entitled to some extensive SMC. Eventually,when the PD involves the lower extremity balance, you begin falling down. At that point  most neurologists are willing to concede you have effectively lost the use of your lower extremities. If the shakes in the hands prevent most use functions like eating, taking medication, etc. you would require the aid and attendance of another. With those two "conditions", you would be entitled to SMC R1 At $7,896/month. I just got a Vet that last month. Especially if VA has all the records at the VAMC.