VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI exam in Hotel

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

I have a LHI exam for Sleep Apnea. They scheduled me to have the exam with LHI Mobile at a hotel. The guy on the phone said my exam was for a review of my VA file and a medical opinion and it is to only last 45 minutes. He said there was no phone number only the like corporate LHI number. Has anyone ever did a exam from a hotel?

I had an exam from a contracted provider, I can't remember which one honestly but it was at a fitness center.  They had a back office and it was in there, I thought it was kind of strange but I was thankful it was the only exam I haven't had to drive 3 plus hours away. 

Exam in a hotel or a fitness center, no, I cannot say that.  I did have two exams in the back office of a psychiatrist and they were not for mental health.  I was sure the address given me was wrong when I got there. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds too fishy to me. I would have called the RO and talked to the officer in charge of C&P exams to get verification if not a reschedule with someone at a business location. No telephone number??? I mean, what if you were a 90 lb. old lady; does that sound like good business practice. Just wondering, did you get the results from that C&P and were they favorable?

Well considering these people are contracted they are likely the lowest bid too, so this doesn't surprise me.  I have dealt with this company 3-4 times in the past, for me the worse thing about them is its almost impossible if not impossible to get a copy of the C/P exam. I requested copies of two exams that took place in January here it is August and I still don't have then.

• HadIt.com Elder

It would not matter to me where the exam is as long as the yahooo was favorable.. less 40/50 miles away

My last C&P Exam was in a big building  in a Physiatrists Office  she had a big  office (nice) and  big desk and I felt like I was in a courtroom.

two chairs setting in front of her desk.

These Hotel Room are a waist of $$$  they could call the veteran with questions. if it was a review of the file. depending on the disability.