VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Approved for NVCC Today!!!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks broncovet its a relief.

but finding a private dentist that will take the VA Mission act is not easy  even though they gave me a list to try.

so for I have not found one I Like or have a good reputation.

I will keep looking for experienced dentist and one that knows WHAT THE HELL HE/SHE IS DOING.

Vetquest The VA Dentist has extracted Most all my teeth  even after doing 2 root canals  , all 17 of them...most from the rear forward upper and lower .

I  just have my front teeth and one  by its self in the left rear  a molar.  They extracted my teeth because of the deep cavities I had in them and were sore and sensitive to hot/cold  and just hurt all the time I had to wait like 3 months for appointment  just for the dentist to look at them and then another 2 months for the extraction  on most of my teeth over the last  15 years or so..I just have bad teeth  I do take care of them brush and floss everyday rise ect,,ect,,, but due to the acid fluids  they say that is what caused my teeth to decay..

.anyway what teeth I do have I want to try to save  and they want to extract them so I can wear partials because the last tooth they had to extract was my only anchor tooth for my partials.

I ask that last dentist if he could write me a consult for the New Mission Act.?

Well.I never heard anything after asking him that the day the mission act went into effect  June 6th 2019...so I had to go through a patients advocate about 3 times and write a clinical appeal to the dentist that has been working on my teeth the last few years(he is a Vietnamese and It causes my anxiety to go high  but I made it through his sessions .

Anyway after he said they can do something for me on the outside  but they can't do the procedure I need at the  VA so he did write me a consult   after my VA Therapist mention in my medical notes that this dentist is causing my PTSD Symptoms to exhilarate(get worse)  which they did eh!... some times after I had seen the dentist my anxiety was so high I could nor drive  I had to wait and calm down....so this maybe why they approved me?

My next step was go to the Hospital Director and most of the VA Employees Knows he is an x Marine him self and is usually all for the Veterans   his name is Stephen Holt and he gets things done at  the Dallas Tx VAMC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vetquest

My grandpa was from Chattanooga  Tn  And move to Oklahoma in 1905 and bought a 50 acre farm and worked on the railroad as a water pumper on the old steam locomotives , they lived there until his death in 1969  the year I went to Nam..but I do remember he talked about TN and how pretty the county was ..he use to listen to the Grand old Opry every sat night to Roy Acuff and friends..

.I have some great country music artist friends that live in Nashville and Hendersonville and Goodlettsvile  most have passed  but I got a good friend that still lives in Hendersonvile Tn ,We go visit some times when he is not on tour.'

The only part of the drive I hate is the drive from Memphis to Nashville  200 miles of nothing  LoL

So I was born in Oklahoma and that makes me an Okie but live in Texas.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ihad my first meeting today with a Private Dental Clinic...the VA sent them all the paper work  I had my consult today and what all they can do for me.

I do need 3 more teeth extracted but not all of them like the VA dentist said, this place clean my teeth today said they were very bad  and I just had VA TO Clean them July 25th so the VA did not clean my teeth all that good as I suspected. 

Anyway the private dentist did all new x -rays and is going to extract 3 bad teeth because to much bone loss and  he is going to make me a set of new partials upper and lower , and try that , if that don't work or just can't eat with them  then he will try something else.

if I need implants he recommends to do full implants and my teeth  &(nightmares)problems will be over.

I only have  very few teeth  left   So it really don't matter to much at this point. about getting them all extracted...this dentist showed me  the x-rays and why its best He extract these 3 teeth...which made sense.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks vetquest

Yesterday the private dentist ask me when was the last time I had my teeth cleaned? I said July 26 (last month)  by the VA 

He said well I hate to say it but he did not do a good job   you have a lot of plaqe and scale at your gum line..he went on to say this is will cause your teeth to decay   cause cavity's and actually rot out and then need to be extracted    ...

The VA has extracted 17 of my teeth over the last 23 years that leaves 10 total teeth  5 upper and 5 lower middle area  and I need 3 more extracted...but he will leave my good teeth alone  other than general maintenance /cleanings   he needs these teeth to have anchors for my new partials...VA decline to do that for me.

He had the hygienist to deep clean my teeth yesterday and will make appointment for my extractions in a week or two. and start making my partials.

I blame the VA for all my teeth problems  but it is what it is.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out in the end!