• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Advertise Here contact us

Buck52, my wife's former employer was a dentist and he always advised against getting teeth pulled.  I have serious issues due to dry mouth and am fighting a battle to keep my teeth.  I have had only one root canal but I have multiple crowns.  Don't let them pull your good teeth to fit dentures.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good job Buck, keep as many as you can.

Careful Buck, you might hurt the feelings of us in the back hills of Tennessee. 

I have had amazing dental implants done at my VA in Gainesville, my oral surgeon and prosthedontist were absolutely the best.  They did them right and it is a long process with having them properly do

Thanks broncovet its a relief.

but finding a private dentist that will take the VA Mission act is not easy  even though they gave me a list to try.

so for I have not found one I Like or have a good reputation.

I will keep looking for experienced dentist and one that knows WHAT THE HELL HE/SHE IS DOING.

Vetquest The VA Dentist has extracted Most all my teeth  even after doing 2 root canals  , all 17 of them...most from the rear forward upper and lower .

I  just have my front teeth and one  by its self in the left rear  a molar.  They extracted my teeth because of the deep cavities I had in them and were sore and sensitive to hot/cold  and just hurt all the time I had to wait like 3 months for appointment  just for the dentist to look at them and then another 2 months for the extraction  on most of my teeth over the last  15 years or so..I just have bad teeth  I do take care of them brush and floss everyday rise ect,,ect,,, but due to the acid fluids  they say that is what caused my teeth to decay..

.anyway what teeth I do have I want to try to save  and they want to extract them so I can wear partials because the last tooth they had to extract was my only anchor tooth for my partials.

I ask that last dentist if he could write me a consult for the New Mission Act.?

Well.I never heard anything after asking him that the day the mission act went into effect  June 6th 2019...so I had to go through a patients advocate about 3 times and write a clinical appeal to the dentist that has been working on my teeth the last few years(he is a Vietnamese and It causes my anxiety to go high  but I made it through his sessions .

Anyway after he said they can do something for me on the outside  but they can't do the procedure I need at the  VA so he did write me a consult   after my VA Therapist mention in my medical notes that this dentist is causing my PTSD Symptoms to exhilarate(get worse)  which they did eh!... some times after I had seen the dentist my anxiety was so high I could nor drive  I had to wait and calm down....so this maybe why they approved me?

My next step was go to the Hospital Director and most of the VA Employees Knows he is an x Marine him self and is usually all for the Veterans   his name is Stephen Holt and he gets things done at  the Dallas Tx VAMC.

Vetquest

My grandpa was from Chattanooga  Tn  And move to Oklahoma in 1905 and bought a 50 acre farm and worked on the railroad as a water pumper on the old steam locomotives , they lived there until his death in 1969  the year I went to Nam..but I do remember he talked about TN and how pretty the county was ..he use to listen to the Grand old Opry every sat night to Roy Acuff and friends..

.I have some great country music artist friends that live in Nashville and Hendersonville and Goodlettsvile  most have passed  but I got a good friend that still lives in Hendersonvile Tn ,We go visit some times when he is not on tour.'

The only part of the drive I hate is the drive from Memphis to Nashville  200 miles of nothing  LoL

So I was born in Oklahoma and that makes me an Okie but live in Texas.

Ihad my first meeting today with a Private Dental Clinic...the VA sent them all the paper work  I had my consult today and what all they can do for me.

I do need 3 more teeth extracted but not all of them like the VA dentist said, this place clean my teeth today said they were very bad  and I just had VA TO Clean them July 25th so the VA did not clean my teeth all that good as I suspected. 

Anyway the private dentist did all new x -rays and is going to extract 3 bad teeth because to much bone loss and  he is going to make me a set of new partials upper and lower , and try that , if that don't work or just can't eat with them  then he will try something else.

if I need implants he recommends to do full implants and my teeth  &(nightmares)problems will be over.

I only have  very few teeth  left   So it really don't matter to much at this point. about getting them all extracted...this dentist showed me  the x-rays and why its best He extract these 3 teeth...which made sense.