VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Approved for NVCC Today!!!

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I blame the VA for all my teeth problems  but it is what it is.

At least they are fixing the problem through the outside care program. 

The local VA neurologist really screwed me with some to the stuff he wrote about me but I had private neurologists rake him over the coals.  They dissolved that neurology center and now I go to an outside doctor for VA neurology.

It looks like the outside care program is working for some of us vets.

• HadIt.com Elder

This NVCC (Non VA  Community Care ) Must be working once your accepted. VA New Mission Act of June 6th 20019 for Out Side Health Care.

I got a call early this Morning from VA Hand surgery clinic

and  they ask me if I would like to use the NVCC ? on my Dupytrens Contraction on my left hand  because the clinic could not see me until the end of Sept...I SAID YES SURE, The lady said the private Dr's would be calling to set up an appointment.

Now I have not got any paper work that says VA is paying for all this ?, I ask the private dentist about it  they said the VA had sent them the paper work and they would take care of it...but I don't have anything in writing?

what should I do  ? who at the VA would I see for this to make sure and clear I am not stuck with thousands of dollars to pay out about this time next year?

Anybody Know?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, the probability of you getting something from the VA confirming it is covered is like less than 0%. What I would do is ask the doc, politely, if he would sign a note that said the VA was financially responseable,  and in any case, you are not liable for any charges for medical treatment. If the doc is sure that he is willing to do it and that the VA is going to pay for it, then I'll bet he is willing to sign the note. (He has a procedure he will be paid for, a patient to do it on, and the VA who assured him of payment. That is a pretty good business plan from his perspective.) If he don't sign, then I wouldn't do it without something from the VA yourself.IMO.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that GB Army!!  good point!!!