VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim issues

Rate this question

Rickyfinch

Question

I filed a supplemental claim after the VA screwed up my DBQ during a C&P exam for filing to increase my percentage for PTSD. The supplemental claim was closed Aug 9 with no updates yet on Ebenifits and of course I can't see anything on the decision yet. My issue is when I open the claim under the issues tab is states under the currently under review area that there's a "compensation issue". What does that mean and has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance,

Ricky

If you supplemental claim closed on Aug 29,  and there is nothing listed on ebenfits for an increased rating or a decreased rating, that it is very likely the supplemental claim was denied.  In my opinion the one thing ebenfits does correctly is to up date the disability awards soon after they make a decision. 

The  new claims procedures have resulted in adverse conditions in my opinion, first while they do process the claim faster,  they are making more mistakes than ever before resulting in more appeals,  2nd the claims information listed on VA.GOV  is confusing and often don't list a status, and many more times list status' that are not defined or make little sense. 

• HadIt.com Elder

With this New AMA System in place we don't have what once was a FDC.(Fully Developed Claim )  that's gone out the window

I'd give it some more time Aug 29 was not that long ago besides 

We all know how we can't count on ebenefits  Grrrr ...just keep checking on it . remember if you get a decision your not satisfied with or low balled your increase  or some BS like that

after you received your SOC or SSOC you have 60 days to appeal to the BVA on Form 9.

BUT DO GIVE THIS SOME MORE TIME IT MAYBE DIFFERENT TOMORROW ?? WE NEVER KNOW FOR SURE.

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

after you received your SOC or SSOC you have 60 days to appeal to the BVA on Form 9.

I don't think they issue SOC's anymore .. at least I have never received a SOC for any denial I have received under the new rating system.... in fact this was one of my complaints about the new system as it seems to lack due process....

• HadIt.com Elder

Richard54   what you been smoking?  must be some pretty good stuff.

21 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Richard54   what you been smoking?  must be some pretty good stuff.

I really don't understand what you are trying to say.. could you please say it in English...

• HadIt.com Elder

Richard54   

I am assuming after a denial  what happens?

Here it is in plain English

Veteran sends in his NOD (Notic of Disagreement )

The next step in the process is deciding whether or not you want to have a decision review officer (DRO) or a traditional review. Read the fine print of your denial letter, and take action immediately. Current VARO procedures allow veterans 60 days to decide whether they want a Direct Review Officer assigned to their appeal or a traditional review of their appeal. After those 60 days you lose all choice in the process.

So which should you choose? A traditional review of your appeal requires a rating staff member to analyze your claim file for completeness, accuracy, and any errors. They will review all of your evidence and paperwork. They are the one reviewing your file, but they do not have the authority to change the decision unless regional office staff made a clear and unmistakable error, or they identify new material evidence.

STEP 3: VARO REVIEW OF YOUR CLAIM

If you choose a DRO, they will conduct a “de novo review” of your claim, meaning that they will completely review every bit of evidence, arguments, and paperwork in your file. All DROs are a senior claims examiners who have the authority to reverse, uphold, or make a different decision on your claim.

If you choose a traditional review, your claim will be reviewed either by a DRO or a rating veterans service representative, who will only be allowed to reverse a decision if there is a clear and unmistakable error. It is their job to prepare a rating decision after they review your appeal.

STEP 4: THEY MAKE A DECISION

If the appeals staff deny that there are any issues with their original decision and claim that any new evidence submitted has no bearing on their decision, they will then prepare and issue a Statement of the Case (SOC), which essentially tells you why they have rejected the reasons behind your NOD claim for an appeal.

If you don't understand this?  I will try to find a post from asknod explaining the SOC/SSOC.  (Legacy or the AMA.)

''We all Know Asknod is very knowledgeable with the claims process and the direction in which to follow   and he is very sharp with the CFR Regulations and Laws Govering the VA.

I try to research any information before I put it on here  ''miss-leading veterans without correct Information will steer veterans in the wrong direction and could possible lead to a denial decision.

And no one wants that.