VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim issues

Rate this question

Rickyfinch

Question

I filed a supplemental claim after the VA screwed up my DBQ during a C&P exam for filing to increase my percentage for PTSD. The supplemental claim was closed Aug 9 with no updates yet on Ebenifits and of course I can't see anything on the decision yet. My issue is when I open the claim under the issues tab is states under the currently under review area that there's a "compensation issue". What does that mean and has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance,

Ricky

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

they will then prepare and issue a Statement of the Case (SOC)

And as I said, under the new rating system they do not provide a statement of the case... they tell you how to appeal and what form to use  and you appeal directly to the BVA and never receive a Statement of the case.. I know because I have 3 issues pending at the BVA and I was never provided a statement of the case for any one of the issues....   I guess they figure that you understand why your claim was denied, and it is a  waste of time effort and money to provide a statement of the case.....

Richard, I hope that you are mistaken.  If that is true that is plain wrong to the veteran.  We need the SOC to fight our denial.  If we do not have the reason for the denial we are groping around in the dark when we write our appeal.  

I just received the decision from the RO for the percentages given from my BVA grant. The letter really does not tell me how they came up with with the rating for BP or how they decided the effective date. I am uploading my letter (its redacted). The effective date for both should be 7/25/2015 the original filing date and 3/2016 was the date of the original denial the the BVA said they were granting. This letter seems to contain a lot less info than they did before.

VA Rating for BVA Grant - Last 4 pages.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul, like I said before, 0% isn't the worse thing. It leaves the door open in case your b/p gets out of control (hopefully not). And, if the best you were able to get out of it is 10% (which you didn't of course), your not likely getting anywhere on the SMC front with it by itself anyway. It also does help for DIC for your wife if you should pass because of a stroke or other related conditions, provided it is on your death cert. I am curious  though. In your statement in support of the claim, or else where, did you mention CFR 38 4.31, about 0% min ratings? Or did you anticipate a higher rating and not bring it up?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, Rickyfinch said:

I filed a supplemental claim after the VA screwed up my DBQ during a C&P exam for filing to increase my percentage for PTSD. The supplemental claim was closed Aug 9 with no updates yet on Ebenifits and of course I can't see anything on the decision yet. My issue is when I open the claim under the issues tab is states under the currently under review area that there's a "compensation issue". What does that mean and has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance,

Ricky

I have a supplemental claim open. It states, " We dont know your status" and " 1 compensation issue". 

I called the VA instead and got the status on my claim.

GB to be honest I thought they would do a 3 - 5 day BP check, they apparently used previous BP readings from doctor visits at Ft. Eustis. My systolic is over 100 and at times above 110. The VA cherry picked the readings they wanted to use. I will file a NOD for EED and also my BP reading not being current. I never mentioned CFR 38 4.31 (was probably my first mistake), I was thinking they would do a new BP checks. With my NOD I will submit the BP readings from Ft. Eustis (I have printed copies of the readings online) with the NOD and see what happens. If that fails I will file for an increase, the doctor is having a tough time controlling it unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

your not likely getting anywhere on the SMC front with it by itself anyway

I am curious what SMC I would qualify for from BP?