VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim question.

Rate this question

dapilgrim

Question

If i went on sick call one time for an injury would that be enough to be service connected for it..........ie Shoulder, Back and allergies once each. The reason i ask is that when i filed a claim for each i only had one visit on active duty  but i did not have any medical documentation. I have since found documentation showing one visit for each. When i got a VSO he listed them as hazard in the gulf war. They were denied. They all occurred prior to the gulf war I want to resubmit them as just injuries during active service. Do you think they may/ could be service connected?

2 answers to this question

You need three things to be service connected.  1. An in service event.  2. Medical documentation of a chronic condition.  3. A nexus between the two.  A doctor must say that it is at least likely as not that your service injury lead to you your current chronic condition.  We can never say what will and what will not be service connected but if you have these three things in your favor you might get service connected.  I have seen doubtful cases go SC in the first try and well documented cases go all the way to BVA. 

• HadIt.com Elder

As Vetquest said, you need 3 things and they are all important. Not knowing about your disabilities, it think we can assume what you get for medical documentation is really going to be important in your case. How long you have been out of service, and if you have chronic conditions/disabilities that necessitate continuous doctor care now are important facts to consider. If there hasn't been continued medical attention by docs, the VA will simply say that any condition you have now is not s-c. If you have been seeing a doc for these conditions a strong letter from them will be instrumental in your claim, although you can get an IMO from someone also.