VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam - Scheduled at a place I do not want to go to

Rate this question

namvet4

Question

I have a C&P exam scheduled in September at VA Hospital East Orange NJ. I want to change . Person on phone who called to schedule said I can only go to this facility for PTSD claims in NJ! I last went to East Orange over 15 years ago - had a bad experience! How do I get the exam changed???? 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

I think its up to the Veteran as to where he wants a C&P Exam  if a Veteran has a bad experience with a certain VAMC (Dr) and is having to see the same Dr that  the veteran had a Bad experience with   just ask /request a different VAMC.

As Vetquest mention  you need a VA Dr to make a PTSD Diagnoses 

One time years ago I had a DRO Hearing and this was brought up about not wanting to go back to the VAMC  Dr...the DRO mention that if I was willing to try another VAMC   For another C&P Exam?   I said hell yes sir...anyway I didn't need it but this just goes to she we can request another VAMC with A Different Dr.

I had a mh cp exam which included PTSD conducted by VES at a non va location after disputing the VA CP exam as inadequate and inappropriate in nature, which was very evident in the comments of her exam.  She made comments about my wealth???  I am far from wealthy but even if I were it would have no bearing on my disabilities or whether they were service connected.  It wasn't just that I could pay my bills and didn't need a fiduciary it was FAR beyond that and bizarre to say the least.  I already had a diagnosis for PTSD by the VA so there was no question about diagnosis.  I was already sc for mh as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I think a lot of our C&P Exams are just the luck of the draw  rather or not we get a understanding Examiner with compassion  or just some A.H. Who wants to play God...(jmo)

My C&P Forensic PTSD Exam was done by an Ex Lt Col (6 years military) was a PHD Psychiatrist  Had her own practice  for QTC  middle aged black lady and being a Veteran her self she had compassion and would listen and read my medical records, although I didn't need to show or tell about my strssor's she had read about them in my medical records and mention to me she read them and would not be asking me about those   she said why bring up the past with bad memory's  I agreed and said Thank you.

.anyway I was  in her her office about 90 minutes  she would read things and ask me about it  about my therapy and how all that was going...she was never an A.H.  She was a good examiner very through and I wish all Veterans with PTSD Claims could get her as their examiner....I was lucky to get her.