VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

retro pay

Rate this question

gbat

Question

I was recently awarded an 80% claim retroactive to October of 2014. Out of that had to pay back 50k for a volunteer separation award back in the early 90's. The back pay was great and I am one grateful vet. I than noticed my next months payment is $1631, which is a single 80% veteran. I have been married since 2010. The difference is about 8K. How do I go about recouping that back pay? do I file a new claim with the info and Marriage certificate attached? or a nod? or reaching out thru IRIS to correct.

It is short and to the point and should not be hard to see, so what is the best recourse?

Thanks for the help....

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

First step would be to get her added to you.  A VSO can do this easily and they typically don't give to much flak.  I am not sure, but I think it asks on there when you were married.  This might just clear it all up, or once she is added you could fight it.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I would call IRIS and have them to correct it add your spouse    and give the correct dates  ask them to send you the back pay for your dependent.