VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Service Connected After A Five Year Battle

Rate this topic

LightofSolitude

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 5:16 AM, LightofSolitude said:

God is Good! Hello Hadit Family!! I started my battle with the VA on May 12th of 2014 and I finally won my claim. I got the award letter out of the mailbox on Thursday August 1st 2019 (please forgive me for not posting the good news sooner, I was overcome with emotion and burnt out from this process). I wasn’t even going to file a claim but my mother, who is the driving force of my life has encouraged and supported me (physically, mentally and financially) throughout these last five years. It took countless hours of self study reading VA laws and regulations, court precedents, the M21 training manual and even using their own language against them (from the three denial letters that I received over the past five years) to finally get them to acknowledge my disability.

The VA rated me 50% direct service connection for Folliculitis for my face (and yes, I feel that this is a lowball rating which I will be appealing shortly). The surprising thing is that they also rated me 0% for Folliculitis for my “chest area” for a combined rating of 50%. Didn’t expect that, but I will take advantage of it since I already have the evidence to justify it established in the claims file. I never gave up, even after spending endless days crying in my room after each denial letter. My mother was always there for me to give me words of encouragement and keep me strong. I look forward to interacting with my new Hadit Family. This victory goes out to every veteran who has died while waiting for a claims decision and everyone currently battling the VA today with a pending claim. I will be on this site to share my knowledge and contribute as much as my disability allows me to (and yes, I do plan to file a claim for secondary conditions in the near future). I hope my success story encourages someone out there to keep fighting and to never give up for what you have already earned. Take care and have a blessed day!!!

I hope my success story encourages someone out there to keep fighting and to never give up for what you have already earned. Take care and have a blessed day!!

Good never give up the fight with the VA. Great Job.

•  

• HadIt.com Elder

Hammer, that is great news. Congrats! It was a fight, a hard tough one, but won. But the fight continues, right! Now that you have had a chance to enjoy it, get back on that horse, mister. You got to get back to work on appeals. Time has a way of slipping away, so start putting your claim together. And keep us informed. Best of luck going forward.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with GB Army  he is right on!😊

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use