VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A CP exam was just completed without my knowledge

Rate this question

JaeT.21

Question

I just discovered that a C&P exam was held without me even knowing about it on August 16th. I just happened to see it in my Blue Button VA medical record download today.

I have submitted a few claims last year. One in May and another in October. The VA combined my claims and back dated them to May 2018. The estimated completion date has jumped around 4 times. In July it jumped to an estimated completion date of 9 May 2019. 

At the beginning of August it jumped to 22 May 2019.  It's still in the "Evidence gathering, review, and decision" phase.

Does anybody know why they did a C&P without notifying me?  Does anybody know what this means regarding my increase requests for the following?

- VA exam for sleep apnea (Increase) -I'm trying to service connect my sleep apnea- I submitted Statements in Support of claim dating back to 2007.

- VA exam for headaches (Increase)- I've been hospitalized twice in the past year diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines. They mimic strokes and can mess you up just like strokes. And exertional headaches.  The worst headaches ever.

I originally submitted a claim for TIA and stroke and got a 'not service connected'. Got the migraine diagnosis after they denied the claim, after the 2nd "stroke" episode. 

- 4138 and MTR for esophageal (Increase)- Not sure what this is for., but I di have a disc replacement in my neck....and my GERD is the weapon of demons.

• HadIt.com Elder

Obviously, you need to get the decision letter. The good news for you assuming you did the math right, is 87% rounds up to 90. But if you are trying to get to scheduler 100%, that drop of 60-to 10 sure isn't going to help.