VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

applied for smc aid and attendance

Rate this question

Chris Harris

Question

Hello, I applied for aid and attendance smc in June 26, 2019 my claim was completed Aug 20, 2019. I see nothing in my ebenefits account not even the claim itself,  would you say its a good chance its deined if I see nothing at all. Also looked at my award letter no change their. 

Edited by Chris Harris

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

We always say that ebenies is often late, inaccurate, incomplete and wrong. Don't make any assumptions; just wait for your decision letter which hopefully will be fairly soon. Be patient; you have waited a long time, just a little longer.

Ebenifits doesn't list aid and attendance in the service connected disability  list ...you have to look under additional benefits  .. if it was granted it will be the first thing listed in the listing...

Well it’s not always accurate, and the va.gov is alittle better but still a circle games of back and forth I don’t even remember when I called the 18008271000 number and waiting 30 minutes to hear a person explain where my claim is. But also an option my thing id check before I call is to look In claims history but easier to call right now. Currently they are bridging the old ebennies and into the va.gov for claims filing and reviewing now automatically switching you over to va.gov for your claims if you go through ebenefits. Got this message when trying to look at my claims went to both sites myself...

37CBA908-E37F-40AE-9FC8-6FACD43BBC9A.png

That message comes up a lot of times when I sign in... the trick is to click on something to go to the next page, than click back.. in my case the info is there when I click back...