VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What does "Compensation Issue" term mean??

Rate this question

ed33

Question

Hi everyone, 

So my appeal was closed on July 15. I haven't received my letter yet but under the issues tab on va.gov, where it used to say the items i was appealing, it now says "compensation issue." Is that normally what it says just when they close the review? Has anyone seen any other terminology in that section?

Thanks for your input.

My claim for migraines closed on June 11, ebenny’s reads “compensation issue” and migraines was missing . I called the 1800, they said it was mailed out and expect it within 7-10 days.  They also  said if I don’t receive it in 11 days - call back and they will email, fax or send it again  to me. I made them put it in my call notes ( whether they did or not) we’ll see. I will call tomorrow and see if they will actually email it.

they also closed my FOIA Claim from Jan. On the 16th. Have not received that yet either.

Edited by BionicVet

• HadIt.com Elder

Bionic Vet  Standard procedure with the VA. They won't tell you anything at 800-827-1000 until 10 weekday workdays have gone by. Call on the tenth day and ask for the re-send; they will email (or fax) a copy to you within minutes. So I would be calling today, the 10th work day. The mail delivery is really bad now days; it takes about 3 weeks from the date of the letter to actually received the mailed copy. AS for your FOIA, send in an IRIS report https://iris.custhelp.va.gov/ and request response in writing. Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tony M Welcome to Hadit. If you use the prev button  at the bottom of the thread you will see the answer ex. 6/25/21. Now, when the VA acknowledges you have an appeal, they just give the lame status as "comp issue." No explanation, no real useful status update.  They won't tell you anything on the site until you receive your decision letter. If you call "Peggy" at 800-827-1000, you may gleam a little knowledge depending on how you ask the info. Ask questions as "did the C&P exam get posted yet from the contractor that did the exam? Is it being worked at your Regional Office (RO), or where? Does it show I have to have an additional C&P exam? But mostly, you won't find out anything useful on status. The the VA Way.