VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of Case states I failed to show for C&P examination

Rate this question

Bernard

Question

I got a statement of case from VA today and it states that I failed to show for my C&P examination for depression disorder.

My wife took me to the examination and the doctor ask her a few questions also. I don't understand how this mistake could happen and if this something that 

is common with the VA. What must I do to prove that I did show up to the C&P examination. Thank you for any help I can get on this subject 

• Lead Moderator

Do you remember where you go it done?  You can call them and ask as I am sure there is a medical person there would have checked you in.  Once you have that information I would go to the VA hospital and talk to the C&P chief there and bring any evidence you have (maybe your wife)?  Keep tracking it down until it is found!

• HadIt.com Elder

Another possibility: did you put in for travel reimbursement, since it was for a C&P exam? If so, you have proof .

It was a contract doctor and this is the second time I have seen this doctor for a C&P examination for depression disorder. This doctor is in a very small office with one other doctor

I will try and get any information I can from him. Thank you.

I did not put in for travel reimbursement. My appointment was at 12:00 noon and my wife and I arrived  ten minutes early and we had to wait almost 30 minutes before the other doctor in the office came out after finishing with the person he was seeing, he then told us my doctor will be seeing me soon. There was one other person in the waiting room and she was with the person the other doctor was finishing up with.

Go to MyHealthyVet and check your calendar.  Maybe you had more that one C&P that day, or they are talking about a different date.  Also, it will say "Appointment Kept".  Not sure what it says if you miss an appointment as I have never.

Also, if your C&P was at a VA hospital, the exam should be on MyHealthyVet, Blue Button.  If your C&P was with a contractor, then I don't know.

Call and talk to the scheduler for the dept you where at and verify why he/she is saying you missed your appointment.

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice

6 hours ago, Bernard said:

What must I do to prove that I did show up to the C&P examination.

I agree w/ both Shrek and GB in their posts.

I assume you are going to fight this and in that I suggest you do a couple of things.

1) Follow the others advice

2) have your wife write a Statement in Support of case.

3) Look at the papers you got to attend this C&P. It has an address in it.

4) Use your cellphone. If you allow your cellphone to track your location, there is a record in the Cloud of everywhere you have been that it found you by GPS and Cell Signal. Convert the address of the C&P office into Latitude and Longitude. Then scour your Cell records for nearby coordinates. Depending on what services you use (android or apple or microsoft) you will be within a 1000 Feet of the C&P Office with the date and time stamped by the network.

5) if you or your wife made a call on that trip to the office? in the office? did you send or get a text? It will be recorded as part of your history. Contact your cell provider and find their process to get that data. This may take a lawyer.

6) did you send a pic along the way, that records the lat and long in the image unless you disabled that feature.

7) Did you write a post here the same day after your C&P? that is contemporaneous record keeping.

8 ) Did you email anyone about it the same day? again contemporaneous records.

9) Did you speak to anyone that day or the next about the appointment? get them to write a Statement in Support of Case just like your wife should do.

10) Get the DBQ, Dr's notes, and any letters to and from them to and from the VA. in other words get your C-file records

Those would be my suggested first steps as you plan your appeal.