VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally made it to 100%

Rate this topic

paulstrgn

• HadIt.com Elder

Gotha. It isn't anything new. You did show readings evidence above 95 at first. The diagnostic code would rate that at 0% rating (90-99), which you had. The increase to 10% is accordance with the D.C.7101, because your appeal showed evidence by your doc that you needed additional meds now to keep it under 100. You did what you/we should do; if things change, re-submit and appeal. 

I am currently on four separate BP meds to try and control it. I am on Lisinopril, Amlodioine, Triamterene/HCTZ (a combo pill) and Metoprolol. I will need to go back through all my visits to Ft. Eustis and see what the readings were during those visits. I know I got low balled with 0%, now I just need for them to fix it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul, I didn't look them up, I'll take your word for it that they are all b/p meds. That said, there HAS to be recorded values; no doc is going to prescribe 4 different meds for the same condition without several batches of readings over months. You should be able to get that data, and dollars to donuts, they were high. Start calling!

GB my doctor has had me take my BP daily (since January). Every time I do go in to see him (about once a month) he has my BP taken, I am assuming that the VA is looking at my medical files with Ft. Eustis. My daily charts are all over the as high as 195/119 on 7/12 it was 163/108, it has been as low of 128/84. I have my good days and bad days, I will assume they cannot use my BP readings (which I can understand). I will get copies of my military (since retired) medical notes from Ft. Eustis. I really thought they would re-take them but I guess I am wrong. It won't be the first time or the last time...lol

• HadIt.com Elder

Have him do a DBQ for you which would document the findings.

2 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Have him do a DBQ for you which would document the findings

I have asked him before and he told me that is what the VA is for, he is a civilian doctor that works at Ft. Eustis. Is what I will probably have to do is spend the money to have a IMO completed.  I am wanting an increase for my back as well so I may see how much Dr. Bash will charge for the two IMO, not sure if it will be worth it yet. But I will at least get a price on what he will charge, I know it will be several thousand out of pocket but that is what I am thinking right now. If I can get one done where I feel the doctor knows what hes talking about for a lesser price I will go with them. I paid $450 for the IMO I had for my SA and the BVA granted it.

I just need to decide do I want to spend the money or not. I also need to fix the effective dates on both claims.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use