VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally made it to 100%

Rate this topic

paulstrgn

Congratulations Paul!!!

As a side note...  I was 0% for HBP in 2008, controlled by meds, then, I found two previous high readings, from 2004, claimed for an increase last year and got 10%.

I told the C&P examiner, that the VA's requirement to have 3 readings, twice on separate days, was onerous and that no one, civilian or military would do that.  At best, a nurse may take your BP and tell you to sit for a couple minutes and then take it again, but nowhere do they take it 3 times.  She agreed with me that no one, civilian or military would take someone's BP 3 times in one sitting.  Basically the reg is stupid.  I did personally give her the two exam records, one civilian, one military, from 2004, which were both in my med records submitted with my initial claim in '08, and she did read them during my C&P exam.

Maybe I made sense or maybe she took pity on me.

LOL,

Hamslice

There's probably 10 years of retro in there somewhere, but I'm not up for that fight quite yet..

• HadIt.com Elder

You're right about getting a quote; doesn't hurt to ask. But you have to do the cost analysis everytime for any disability claim that will cost you $ up front. How much will it increase your total combined rating comes into play. Sometimes, their are some other important factors that might make the expense worth it anyway. In regards to hypertension, if you are married, DIC for your spouse, IF you die from causes of a s-c disability. If you had a stroke and died, having hypertension would s-c you. In your case, however, that doesn't matter because you already are rated s-c at 0%. So for you it's more of a cost payback. If a 10% doesn't move the needle, is it worth it?

7 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

next step your gold star for P&T..

Thanks GeekySquid that is what I am working on now. My BP should get me at least 10% and my hand should get me another 10%. With those two I will have 100% without using the depression which is 50%,

3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Sometimes, their are some other important factors that might make the expense worth it anyway.

GB I agree with you. The P&T would allow me to not pay property tax, I plan on moving to Florida so that could save me several thousand each year. I also have two small boys who would benefit for Chapter 35 benefits as well as my spouse. But it will depend on what Dr. Bash or whoever I see says...I really hate having to spend money when in reality the VA should just do their jobs.

For those who may know about BP. I went through my medical files and from 4/1/2016 - 3/14/2018 the Diastolic 100 - 113. Yes I picked the ones that favored me, but the VA also picked ones that favored a 0% rating. How does the VA choose which ones to use? I really don't know how they come up with which ones to use.

Also how do I find out (or where do I look) to see if I have been scheduled for a re-exam since I am not P&T? I do not go to the VA for medical treatment.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use