VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally made it to 100%

Rate this topic

paulstrgn

• HadIt.com Elder

congratulation paul   you fought a hard fight

As for as the reading on the Diastolic Charts  

The Lower the # the worse your heart is  50/70#are pretty normal  anything under that  should be rated...you need to make sure who ever reads these charts are qualified  like cardiologist ect,,,ect,,,

IF YOUR IN DOUBT ASK YOUR CARDIOLOGIST TO READ THEM FOR YOU TELL HIM/HER YOU WANT TO KNOW.  JUST DON'T SAY WHY OR MENTION CLAIMS.

Another way is take the echocardiogram Chart to the technician ask him to read it for you and give you the #'s (some will some won't)

However, these # should be recorded into your medical records.

Now with that said the raters have a medical manual with these # 's in it and what ever the Dr says is what they go by.....so if you know your Diastolic # ? check the rating criteria for these # as to what you should be rated.  

Edited by Buck52

16 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

Also how do I find out (or where do I look) to see if I have been scheduled for a re-exam since I am not P&T?

One place it is will be in your BBE, on the Code Sheet. It will be listed under each item that is subject to a review. it is possible, considering the mix of your conditions, to have more than one review date.

When I had received my C-File back in March everything was listed as Static (this was prior to be granted depression). As long as it takes I think I will put in another request for my C-File.

11 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

One place it is will be in your BBE, on the Code Sheet

I will wait for the BBE to arrive.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul, some times they don't put the code sheet in your BBE just have to wait and see? maybe they are doing that more these days? IDK?

I always requested my  updated C-file after being rated. to see what all is in it after being rated.  the code sheet should be in your C-File.

Its a whole lot easier now that the C-File is on CD   You can copy it to your computer and use Acrobat Pro Reader (program) and that makes it so much easier to find stuff.

The only thing about them copying your paper c-file on CD is it don't copy anything in light pencil SO A LOT OF NOTES WON'T BE IN IT. OR LOOK LIKE CHICKEN SCRATCH AND CAN'T MAKE IT OUT. 

I know that happen to my c-file

This was one of the best things the VA ever did. copying our C-file to CD  (jmo)

3 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

some times they don't put the code sheet in your BBE j

true, but he can also call Peggy and have them read his code sheet, but I don't know when they will do that except after the date they think you should have gotten the BBE.

15 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I always requested my  updated C-file after being rated.

I will request my C-File to see what is in it now. After all it takes about six months to get a copy of it. As we all know you never know what you will find in your C-File.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use