VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reopen, Reconsider or Appeal for EED which worked for you

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

This is new to me.  I did a reopen once, but that was with new evidence, and I did win!

In this instance, I am still within the 1 year timeline.

Situation. 

I was granted 0% (controlled by meds)for hypertension in 2008 (when I got out) from an LOD from 2004. 

Last year, I made a claim for increase, with the same and only evidence from 2004, and was awarded 10% as of 12/18/2018, (records showing an elevated blood pressure readings). These records were submitted with original claim back in 2004, however, do not fit the reg as far as procedure which read 3 readings two seperate days.  I had one reading two seperate days.  I explained to the C&P examiner that the reg requirements were unobtainable and that no clinician takes 3 bp tests in one setting.  She agreed, took my records I brought, again, the same ones in my c-file and I submitted in 2008.

I don't want to jeopardize the 10%, but what the heck.

I know a reopen requires new evidence, so that don't fit, so Reconsider or Appeal for the better EED?

Any suggestions?

I will also be doing a new claim and a increase on other issues.  I will probably submit all 3 at once and let them have at it.

Thanks,

Hamslice

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet