• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Berta

Just Testing

maybe this works-OK note to me- use the scanner for doc , save into HP album ,upload as jgp and then it will come out as thumbnail.How did I forget this?

Gee - no- I have much bigger front deck for that!!!!!!

It would be great wouldnt it?

My daughter-USAF vet and fed employee re- did this back deck last summer-

She spent every day of her leave treating redwood set and repainting it, putting up the bamboo fence, oriental lighting,flower boxes , candles- nice windchime-and even a little waterfall- and she bought alot of the Buddha stuff in Washington DC-

all to give me a nice Transcendental Meditation area---------

and to give Pier One and Martha Stewart's stock a big boost!

She has re done every room in my house-

If the AF needed interior design she might have stayed in!

She paid for half of all this- that was real nice too----

I didnt have to meditate over the bills-

post-868-1169499567_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tbird

Guest t�e�r�r�y�s�t�u�r�g�i�s

Berta, is that the deck where we are going to have the 10 year HADIT anniversary party? Cool. Terry Sturgis

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Ads

• Our picks

• Yes 

After a PTSD/Unspecific MDD Diagnose From the VA Dr's

The gold standard for diagnosing PTSD is a structured clinical interview such as the Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale (CAPS-5). When necessary, the PCL-5 can be scored to provide a provisional PTSD DSM 5 diagnosis.

Any clinical clinician such as MD ,Psychiatrist even a L.C.S.W. (Certified)can perform the Diagnostics Evaluation Employed by the the VA

...They just need to figure out your symptoms and put together a list of your symptom's that you possess or show from the evaluation...I am not 100% Sure just how they do this ?

being I am not a Dr or clinical clinician 

Once a Diagnoses of PTSD is given they try to set you up with a Therapist to help with your New dx And how to adjust or cope with the Anxiety and Depression the PTSD can cause.

you learn the tools to cope with and depending how severe your symptoms are ? 

They test /screen you with phychoeducational type therapy treatment usually at first.

Warning  some of this therapy can be very rough on a Veteran  from holding on to guilt  from the trauma its self or you maybe in a  ''stuck point''from memories and guilt or from the stressor's or anything that reminds you of the trauma you endured.

The therapy works  even if we think it don't,  I recommend Therapy for all PTSD Veterans  it could very well save your life once the correct therapy is in place and the Veteran makes all his Clinical Appointments.

I still have Combat PTSD it probably will never be cured completely but we can learn the tools it takes to cope with this horrible diseases 

even learning breathing techniques  Helps tremendously during a panic attact.

I have guilt from the war in Vietnam  ( I ask my self what could I have done to make a better outcome/difference?..and also I am in what the therapist calls stuck points. working on that at present once a week for 90 minutes.  I am very fortunate to have the help the VA gives me and I am lucky I have not turned to alcohol or drugs to mask my problem.

But I have put my family through a living hell with my angers of burst.and they all stood by me the whole time years and years of my family life was disrupted because of me and my children &spouse  never deserved it one bit.

That's all I want to say about that.

At least I am still around. and plan to be tell my old age dying day.
    • No timeframe gotta love that answer it’s even better when you ask 1800 people or call the board directly they’ll say you’ll know sooner then later. I had mine advanced and it was about 2 months later until I had the decision in my hand which seems forever but in the present system in 2016 lightning fast...
        • Thanks
    • I am serviced connected for ankylosing spondylitis back in 1985. I had a C&P exam on 7-7-19 since I am asking for an increase in my cervical, thoracic, and lumbosacral ratings. After speaking with the DAV to find out progress and info on my exam, the Rep. noted sort of what I expected. Radiculopathy was noted and ROM was 0-15 for cervical, and 0-25 for back. I am currently rated as Cervical 30%, Thoracic 10%, and Lumbosacral 40%. The main question that I have is relating to the thoracic 10% and lumbosacral 40%. I am confused on these two. Is Lumbosacral separate from the thoracic/others ? Since my back ROM is at 0-25, does this mean that my thoracic might increase from the 10% to a higher rating ? I am confused how they break down my ratings from cervical at 30%, Thoracic at 10%, and Lumbosacral at 40%. Also, with the radiculopathy, is this something that they will rate also ? I am currently at 90% total combined for all my disabilities. I hope this helps for someone to give me advice/answers.
      • 4 replies
    • Thank you @GeekySquid for your reply. 

I have redacted personal information for my documents listed below. 

I look forward to your reply. 

HEADACHE STR 2006 copy_Redacted.pdf

HEADACHE-DBQ.pdf

Pages from Original Denial-Grant Reasons_Redacted.pdf
    • Hello Defenders of freedom!

I have a question pertaining to this denial for headaches. The decision letter is quoted below. 

3. Service connection for headaches.

"We may grant service connection for a disability which began in military service or was caused by some event or experience in service.

Your STRs are negative for any treatment of or diagnosis of headaches. On your post-deployment exam in 2005 you denied any headaches. On separation, you denied any headaches. VA treatment records are negative for any treatment of or diagnosis of headaches. On VA exam, the examiner stated there was no evidence of any residuals of a traumatic brain injury.

We have denied service connection for headaches because the evidence of record fails to show this disability was incurred in or caused by military service."

From my understanding these 3 points must be overturned to successfully win a CUE case:

(1) either the correct facts, as they were known at the time, were not before the adjudicator or the statutory or regulatory provisions in existence at that time were incorrectly applied; 

(2) the error must be undebatable and of the sort which, had it not been made, would have manifestly changed the outcome at the time of the prior determination

and (3) a determination that there was CUE must be based on the record and law that existed at the time of the prior adjudication in question.  

@Berta, or veterans out here who have knowledge/experience, tell me what facts you think would be needed to prove this denial for headaches was an error? 
      • 14 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines