VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has anyone else had a VA clinic write an IMO for you?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Has anyone else had a VA clinic write an IMO for you? I had one recently. The VA clinic who cared for me, and where I was an inpatient for 6 months when my pancreas procedure for removing a cyst on my pancreas went bad after they cut the billary tube, and it got infected, and to many complications to list. So, I had put in claims for this and of they denied, and it went to appeals, this was 10 years ago. I wrote the one of the doctors who worked in the GI clinic and was one of the main doctors who took care of me for those 6 months from the GI Clinic. I wrote him recently asking for a medical opinion because we talked many, many times while I was an inpatient and thought his statements would help me a lot for my claim.

The VA GI Clinic wrote me back and told me he left the VA. A few days later I got a phone call from the staff in the GI clinic and told me the doctors asked them to write a letter on my behalf stating  the pancreas procedure 'more likely than not' was the cause of the necrotizing pancreatitis. They then mailed me the letter, and I sent it to my POA/VSO, she sent it to rebut the IMO the VA got from the College or Physicians regarding my pancreas and complications. My POA is happy with the letter, although it was short and to the point. and had the correct wording, the clinic knew exactly what to write, I did not coach anyone they did this on their own.

The BVA judge now has al my documents and is ready to make the remaining decisions and I waived the RO and the 60 days.

I would never in my life would have though doctors at the VA clinic, the one who worked on me and I was patient at for 20 years, would go write me a medical opinion to help me, but living there I got to know lots of the staff intimately.

The doctors told me there was nothing left they could do and most people die within a few short years, and the pancreas was too far gone to even touch ever again. They treated me very good there in the last couple of years there because I moved and many of them also moved on over the years.

I will find out, hopefully soon how my appeals turn out.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I actually did have a foreign doctor write an IMO for me.   Her IMO was perfect.  I was eventually granted 60% on my legs due to her IMO.  I saw here a few times and then she disappeared.  I wonder why?