VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Awarded Back to 2010

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

I checked e benefits and saw that they changed the status to closed and granted for 100% TDUI on July 03, 2019.....I received a narrative letter from them stating the same info but it did not have the amount of money calculated just that it goes all the way back to November of 2010.

I was already rated 90% combined.....This new award adds 10% seizures, and 100% TDUI.  My question is that the letter mentions chapter 35 benefits, does that mean I am P&T? Also do I receive health insurance, like Champa, or Tricare....forgive me I just really dont know. When I called the VA 1800# and asked them about the letter they sent me they confirmed my award to 100%TDUI, and 10% Seizures, but said that the letter shouldn't have been sent out yet because it was incomplete and did not have the back pay calculated yet and have the proper signatures yet.  

Thanks

David

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats! Great news. Chapter 35 only goes to T&P.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/VOCREHAB/Dep_Edu_Assist_Chapter_35.asp

And a delay because it is in finance  makes sense to if your going to get back pay since 2010. Wait for the bbe with everything in writing though. There is going to be a lot of base pay increases for 100% from 90%. so if you think it is wrong, appeal and see if it gets better.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is all the Champ info too. You should be getting more info with your confirmation letter for your award. If not in it, call the number provided. Again, congrats!

Congrats! I would imagine it will be a much easier night of sleep from now on...