VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From your AO research, Tyndall AFB, AFESC, Lowry AFB, or RAF Alconbury?

Rate this question

ToxicSgt73

Question

I am not a boots on any presumptive ground vet. 
I don't know if I have ever been any closer to AO than just off the Seabee storage area in MS or spent the night and ate at a Seabee's house multiple times who would have been involved in 74 -76, although he didn't mention it. He had more hashes on his sleeves than I could count back then.

But, I was at Tyndall AFB in Florida, hunting and harvesting from the hot spot where barges loaded and offloaded since the 40's.....off of that bayou, half way in the middle of the bay, probably as close as the public dare take a dioxin reading, its the highest numbers for dioxin in north florida, except at Eglin. That bayou is on the superfund, it is full of DDT, DDE, DDD, about every other toxin and metal you can dream up, except dioxin? And it has the lead, cadmium and arsenic that is in my blood.

Another thing about Tyndall, it is home to the AFESC, the Air Force Engineering and Services Center.  Their laboratory headed up the Herbicide Orange Incineration Research Project at the NCBC the Naval Construction Battalion Center, in Gulfport, Miss.  (it looks like they might have got me coming and going with close calls). 

I got down in the sediment and the water in that bayou at the edge of the bay, retrieving ducks, and raccoons, rabbits and squirrels, consuming some adipose tissue laden with something. I was an avid hunter on base. And I lived on the bay, snagging speckled trout in the middle of the night under a light with a cold one. And then the blue crabs just waiting to be netted on the flats.....a sportsman's paradise....outside of Louisiana.....a Cajun will never go hungry. (but, he might regret it) 

I have about a hundred diagnoses of all the right stuff, with some just starting to grow.  I am accumulating a lot of research material, but have not hit much of the 'right' stuff. 

Any help in this direction, would be appreciated, any websites or documents or if you want to share finds. 

It appears that the impact of the toxins has been downplayed, while keeping Tyndall operational and also keeping EPA out.  I see that something has changed since the hurricane, but, I can't make out for sure if it is truly a move in a direction to actually do anything to clean it up, just stall more, or forever wipe it out of memory. 

Did AFESC transport any AO to Tyndall? Did they manage to drop a few barrels as they were offloading? What else have they brought to Tyndall? Is their Laboratory a fully functioning Lab or is it a Paper Lab? What if any Chemical or Biological Agents have been to Tyndall? One of the ATSDR reports does mention a radiation burial and gives an approximate location, but of course it was minimal. 

What has occured over on the other side of the base where I hunted rabbits, deer and bears? with the open fire breaks and the hardstands with pock marks, or were those AO bore holes like was done at Eglin? Were those hard stands for storage? of what? All of these areas were open to hunting when I was stationed there, and we hunted there.  One of my buddies wife has Essential Tremor among other things and has had DBS, which was successful......of course I have had essential tremor since Tyndall, also. Along with 100 other things. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

If this post doesn't belong in this section, please remove, and accept my apology.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You will need to prove you have an AO presumptive disability- the list is here under a search, and that you were directly in contact with AO.

I suggest that you go to the Board of Veterans Appeals web site:

https://www.bva.va.gov/

go to their decision search feature and than put Agent Orange in and then in the next area put Tyndale AFB and search all

decision to see if there is any veteran there who succeeded in getting AO compensation with service at Tyndale, and then search the other bases you mentioned as well.

BVA decisions are not evidence but if you find a vet who succeeded, they might have mentioned evidence that you yourself could obtain....

The first Thailand AO veteran, a former member here, had the Thailand VA directive and regulations prepared for others because of his extensive research.He was exposed to AO because he had perimeter duty.

The first Conus AO veteran also, a member here ,as a game warden in Fort Gordon, proved the perimeters were sprayed with AO and his MOS placed him on those perimeters.

VA does not seem to care at all if a site is on a Superfund list.

Often attributing a disability to one potential inservice cause, can be instead a disability that would have a different inservice cause.

What is your disability?

2 hours ago, Berta said:

You will need to prove you have an AO presumptive disability- the list is here under a search, and that you were directly in contact with AO.

I suggest that you go to the Board of Veterans Appeals web site:

https://www.bva.va.gov/

go to their decision search feature and than put Agent Orange in and then in the next area put Tyndale AFB and search all

decision to see if there is any veteran there who succeeded in getting AO compensation with service at Tyndale, and then search the other bases you mentioned as well.

BVA decisions are not evidence but if you find a vet who succeeded, they might have mentioned evidence that you yourself could obtain....

The first Thailand AO veteran, a former member here, had the Thailand VA directive and regulations prepared for others because of his extensive research.He was exposed to AO because he had perimeter duty.

The first Conus AO veteran also, a member here ,as a game warden in Fort Gordon, proved the perimeters were sprayed with AO and his MOS placed him on those perimeters.

VA does not seem to care at all if a site is on a Superfund list.

Often attributing a disability to one potential inservice cause, can be instead a disability that would have a different inservice cause.

What is your disability?

Hi Ms Berta, 

I have Ischemic Heart Disease, manifested in service, with ER on base, chronicity until eventual MI and stent intervention with old 100 blockage left as is.  Lucky to have built up collateral arteries over the years. 
A list of others, Peripheral Neuropathy, with acute exacerbations in the service (no records of course) but a record of chronicity with diagnosis. Left side of face is numb. Initially eyelid tics.

Don't have Diabetes diagnosed, but in reviewing my blood work, it is all over the place over the years, very seldom in normal. 

I don't have my list in front of me right now, for my wife and I are actually building that list using some pain chart stick men to not miss anything (not to claim everything, but to try to actually see what you alluded to? where everything connects and where it doesn't) I have spent my whole adult life since leaving the service chasing something, as no one ever had enough answers for the 10% of my questions. 

I am pretty sure that I have a connection to DDT, DDE for some of what I have.  Agent Orange? I don't know, when I find out if what I have in Choracne or not.  But, not only is there no mention of AO on Tyndall, but very little of anything else, and what they claim is there is downplayed, just like at other places until that magic document is found.  

So, I am not connecting any of my diagnosis and growths to anything yet, specific, but my first manifestations and limitations started there,  and doctors visits started at my next base. 

I will take your advice, and look at what you said. 

As soon as I get my complete list together, I will post it. 

I will post now, my last cat scan results:

pineal cyst, from MRI

scattered lung nodules 3mm, hazy bottom lung both lungs, one lung smaller than expected.(Pleurisy and Pneumonia at age 29, chronic sinus since service, impacted sinus with polyp in 92', very chronic currently) Pneumonia 3 ? times at least) Pneumonias secondary to Chronic Bronchitis, secondary to chronic sinusitis. Allergy shots at 29 three vials of serum. 

enlarged heart, calcium in aorta, IHD, Angina, AFIB, High Blood Pressure (although when first out of service, I couldn't give blood at trade school as my BP was too low.....which is an affect of DDT poisoning)

Intraheptic (in liver) and extraheptic (out of liver) bile duct dialations (something in bile duct) I suffer with chronic Pancreatitis, in 96 hospitalized with Acute Pancreatitis, a week later bile duct drained, a week later gall bladder removed (no stones, sludge) 3 months slow recovery with 2 rehospitalizations with only more questions and no further answers, just suffering since, and I think I am close to surgery at least scope cutting again. All indications of pancreatitis ramped and sugar crashes. 

Renal Cyst, right kidney, 26mm

small intramuscular lipoma (it doesn't say sarcoma, and seldom is, but with all the rest)

scattered 'likely' bone islands....currently at 5mm or less....intramedullary osseous sclerotic foci.....

divirticulitis in colon.....I attribute to constipation

Diastasis Recti........I attribute to constipation

There is just too much for me to absorb or any doctor that I have met over the years, there has to be an external cause, which one? Probably not just one. How I was toxed was not with one, but with every combination that available. 

So, I hope I didn't stray too far....
I know you asked for just presumptives....my quest is bigger.  I wanted to answer before I started my day, we are working on completing the list of all of my diseases right now....

Tyndall has hiding most of everything they did, and that was fine until I got sick. There are records of DDT barrels stored along the bayou, that leaked (it seems that is what barrels do). One of my quests is to find out what other kinds of barrels where stored in that storage yard over the years, it makes a difference to me. 

And then what happened over the years on the other side of the base, in the Red Horse Area, the construction area.  In my time it was all open to hunting, one could get right up to those hardstands.  What we though were some kind of shot at them, look like could be test plugs removed similar to what was done at Eglin, where they stored AO. 

And I have started to listen to James Cripps.  Its like drinking from a firehose, all the different sources that have to be digested.  

Over in the Red Horse area is paper mill growth.  When we hunted there, we tracked deer and bear, I got down on the ground in the fire breaks and studied the tracks......in my hands (my hands are falling apart, they stay split open and dry with hardly any skin left.  Did they normally spray firebreaks with herbicide? or just plow them up? 

Thanks, and I will return will more concise material.

2 hours ago, Berta said:

Hi Ms Berta, 

I have Ischemic Heart Disease, manifested in service, with ER on base, chronicity until eventual MI and stent intervention with old 100%  blockage left as is.  Lucky to have built up collateral arteries over the years. 
A list of others, Peripheral Neuropathy, started in service, with acute exacerbations in the service (no records of course) but a record of chronicity with diagnosis. Left side of face is numb. Initially eyelid tics.

Don't have Diabetes diagnosed, but in reviewing my blood work, it is all over the place over the years, very seldom in normal. 

I don't have my list in front of me right now, for my wife and I are actually building that list using some pain chart stick men to not miss anything (not to claim everything, but to try to actually see what you alluded to? where everything connects and where it doesn't) I have spent my whole adult life since leaving the service chasing something, as no one ever had enough answers for 10% of my questions. 

I am pretty sure that I have a connection to DDT, DDE for some of what I have.  Agent Orange? I don't know, when I find out if what I have is Choracne or not.  But, not only is there no mention of AO on Tyndall, but very little of anything else, and what they claim is there is downplayed, just like at other places until that magic document is found.  But, where I was exposed is where they admit there is a problem, of course downplayed by selective testing of species mostly irrelevant to human food chain, until you put in the multipliers for bioaccumalation, and biomagnification.

So, I am not connecting any of my diagnosis and growths to anything yet, specific, but my first manifestations and limitations started there,  and doctors visits started at my next base. 

I will take your advice, and look at what you said. 

As soon as I get my complete list together, I will post it. 

I will post now, my last cat scan results:

pineal cyst, from MRI

scattered lung nodules 3mm, hazy bottom lung both lungs, one lung smaller than expected.(Pleurisy and Pneumonia at age 29, chronic sinus since service, impacted sinus with polyp in 92', very chronic currently) Pneumonia 3 ? times at least) Pneumonias secondary to Chronic Bronchitis, secondary to chronic sinusitis. Allergy shots at 29 three vials of serum. 

enlarged heart, calcium in aorta, IHD, Angina, AFIB, High Blood Pressure (although when first out of service, I couldn't give blood at trade school as my BP was too low.....which is an affect of DDT poisoning)

Intraheptic (in liver) and extraheptic (out of liver) bile duct dialations (something in bile duct) I suffer with chronic Pancreatitis, in 96 hospitalized with Acute Pancreatitis, a week later bile duct drained, a week later gall bladder removed (no stones, sludge) 3 months slow recovery with 2 rehospitalizations with only more questions and no further answers, just suffering since, and I think I am close to surgery at least scope cutting again. All indications of pancreatitis ramped and sugar crashes. 

Renal Cyst, right kidney, 26mm

small intramuscular lipoma (it doesn't say sarcoma, and seldom is, but with all the rest)

scattered 'likely' bone islands....currently at 5mm or less....intramedullary osseous sclerotic foci.....

divirticulitis in colon.....I attribute to constipation flips flops, IBS or something to be determined, that started here. and was discovered at age 29.

Diastasis Recti........I attribute to constipation

There is just too much for me to absorb or any doctor that I have met over the years, there has to be an external cause, which one? Probably not just one. How I was toxed was not with one, but with every combination that available. 

So, I hope I didn't stray too far....
I know you asked for just presumptives....my quest is bigger as I want to understand what has happened to me (regardless of what VA does with it). I wanted to answer before I started my day, we are working on completing the list of all of my diseases right now....

Tyndall has hiding most of everything they did, and that was fine until I got sick. There are records of DDT barrels stored along the bayou, that leaked (it seems that is what barrels do). One of my quests is to find out what other kinds of barrels where stored in that storage yard over the years, it makes a difference to me. 

And then what happened over the years on the other side of the base, in the Red Horse Area, the construction area.  In my time it was all open to hunting, one could get right up to those 2 hardstands.  What we though were some kind of shots at them, or test charges, look like could be test plugs removed similar to what was done at Eglin, where they stored AO in an old unused hardstand, and later tested it for AO residuals.  

And I have started to listen to James Cripps.  Its like drinking from a firehose, all the different sources that have to be digested.  

Over in the Red Horse area is paper mill growth.  When we hunted there, we tracked deer and bear, I got down on the ground in the fire breaks and studied the tracks......in my hands (my hands are falling apart, they stay split open and dry with hardly any skin left.  Did they normally spray firebreaks with herbicide? or just plow them up? 

I noticed that the above reply I had made was buried in a drop down format. 

I have discovered that the lab at Tyndall has been supplying synthetic biodegrading agents to other labs, that will digest all kinds of nasties. Organophosphates, TNT, DNT, and ? what else? 

I am assuming to create something like that and to confidently send it out to other labs, you would have to have some of the nasties on hand to test your toxic waste eating product? Must be a paper trail that leads to Fred Bayou, somewhere. This lab was in charge of AO disposal. 

I found some other interesting papers.  Civilians are afraid to say to much in published papers, but all trails lead to Fred Bayou. There is one study on dolphins, where they identify the dophins individually, by multiple sightings in the area of their foraging over a time period.  Then a blubber sample and blood sample are taken.  The blubber is an excellent test vehicle for storing toxins, just like an airman living off the land.  As long as the dophin doesn't land on hard eating times, the toxin is in the blubber, unlike the airman, who is put on amphetamines speed, and put into starvation mode to weigh a number that has nothing to do with his body type and physical abilities, therefore putting him into starvation mode, dumping the toxins to all organs and other body tissues, wrecking havoc throughout his whole body, and brain....as these toxins cross the blood brain barrier.   

I am finding more and more. 

I am hoping someone else can find something they need in this. 

I believe all AO roads lead to Tyndall AFB.

That is why Tyndall has not been cleaned up, by the EPA, they haven't been let on the base like everywhere else.  There will be a lot worse found here than AO. They are trying to make it all disapear, they have had a lot of years, got to be a lot of paper somewhere.

The Dolphins? 

The closer the Dolphins forage to Fred Bayou? The more nasty toxins found in the Dolphins. Without exception. And it scales up. An interesting find is that males had numbers a lot higher in the same species of dolphin. This was attributed to lactation, with some of the toxins being passed on to the nursing dolphin.