VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

ADAMS

Question

So I had recently received a C&P For Sleep apnea, Doctor favored me in other words, was at least likely as not 50% greater probability that the disability was incurred during service,. now 3 weeks later it was sent back out for a correction on something the doctor didn't fill out correctly, but magically it wasn't sent to the doctor that initially completed my exam it was sent to someone 5 states away whom never met me or knows nothing about me, anyways she changed the exam to a negative meaning she said was less likely than not, i find this as being a integrity issue with the VA, when it should have gone back to the same examiner. Any Comments???? Claim denied 3 days later.   SHADY

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

a VSO is certified/accreditithed VSO or Claims Agent and has passed the  Exam   and is accepted into the courts  that gives them net-work permission.

there are different levels of network permissions. My VSO in the VARO office could not print but my first VSO in his remote office did have permission to print.

• HadIt.com Elder

If there is a need for getting a VSO, and there are a lot of reasons why you would want to work with your VSO, as opposed to letting them do it without your input, many of us have not had very good results. They don't respond to your questions or even phone calls, are sometimes not well informed about their own procedures, don't think that they work for you, or just not very good period. I have had exceptional results however. The secret is to search out state agency VSO's, and I mean those that do not reside in the RO campus. They are NOT employees of the VA and do not get paid by the VA. Sure there are good ones and not so good ones, but because they don't work for the Veteran Service Organizations, like VFW for example, there is less built in pressure to favor they guy who works in the same building so to speak. As like most posts, there are going to be people who disagree with this opinion, but this is based on personal experience. The veteran still has to drive the bus, but if you need to use a VSO, I think state agency VSO's give you a better chance than most.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree GB Army

if I was to hire a VSO   my reason and  only reason is because he has access to the VBMS.

if he has no access permission to print outs  then he will be useless  (jmo)

The Veterans are the drivers of their claims,  VSO's are the guides (so-to-speak)  depending on the claims process experience the veteran has?

...I've always figure in dealing with the VA two heads are better than one.

Most veteran if they don't want to hire a VSO or just un-sure what to do?

Stick to Hadit...we can't get any better information any where and the members here are full of  claims experience....been there done that.

This is what I know,

When a claim is referred for more development, it goes back on the pile (que) and then the next available RO looks at it.  NOT the same RO that looked at it originally.  It absolutely makes no sense, but that is the way it is.

I had a claim, that was referred by a RO in one state.  Then I had another C&P to address the referral.  Then it was referred again by a RO in another state.  Then I had an addition C&P to address that referral.  Then it was picked up by a RO in an entirely different state from the first two.

So, it took one examiner, three exams and three RO's to deny me, after the examiner opined least as likely 50% greater.  I went a different direction and got it rated.  Sometimes you have to work the system, cause the system ain't working for you.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

On 9/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, Hamslice said:

This is what I know,

When a claim is referred for more development, it goes back on the pile (que) and then the next available RO looks at it.  NOT the same RO that looked at it originally.  It absolutely makes no sense, but that is the way it is.

I had a claim, that was referred by a RO in one state.  Then I had another C&P to address the referral.  Then it was referred again by a RO in another state.  Then I had an addition C&P to address that referral.  Then it was picked up by a RO in an entirely different state from the first two.

So, it took one examiner, three exams and three RO's to deny me, after the examiner opined least as likely 50% greater.  I went a different direction and got it rated.  Sometimes you have to work the system, cause the system ain't working for you.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

May I ask what direction you went??

OK,

I was rated 10% for right foot plantar fasciitis in 2008 upon leaving service.

In 2016 I claimed left ankle pain secondary to the above, which the examiner opined 50% least as likely, but was referred twice and eventually rated at 0% for achilles pain, however, service connected.  Not sure there is a 0% for pain, but there it was.

I had job insurance at that time and brought it to the attention of my private PCP who had an orthopedic surgeon do an evaluation and then 12 weeks physical therapy.  

With this new evidence, In 2018, I claimed an increase to the 0% and additional claims for left and right ankle arthritis and left plantar fasciitis.  I received a 10% for left ankle achilles tendinitis, 10% for right ankle arthritis and 10% for bilateral plantar fasciitis. 

If they had rated my 2016 claim at 10%, I probably would have just left well enough alone, but the 0% for pain had me get my own exam, etc..

So, I got two 10's out of the deal.  

Hamslice