VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Cholesterol and Peripheral Vascular Disease

Rate this question

Frank89

Question

I have been dealing with Peripheral Vascular Disease for 5 years.  When I was active duty in Naples, Italy, in 1993 during my physical exam coming back to the States, my doctor said that I had High Cholesterol.  I was discharged from active duty in Oct 1995 and during my physical when leaving the military I was still diagnosed with High Cholesterol.  I know that high cholesterol is not considered a disease but a lab finding.  My question to everyone who might have an answer, here it goes.  Can I claim my current PVD to my High Cholesterol as either a service-connection or as secondary to my High cholesterol?  I really would appreciate everyone's help! Thanks in advance.

Chacho Cvazos

This has nothing to do with your question.  I have PVD I was wondering did you have surgery or  

rehab to help you walk.  You can pm me if you want.

thanks ruby

GHello Ruby, as for me I have had including this month (2 surgeries + they had to go back in to stop clotting). In 2015, 2 surgeries also.  As for me next time I end up in the hospital it will be amputation. They can’t do anything medically anymore, just of bunch of blood thinners. I’m sorry to hear that, Good luck with everything.  

First off, if you have the doctor write a letter for you have him say that he has read all of your medical records and deliver your STR's to him to evaluate.  This is very important, as important as stating that your medical condition is at least as likely as not related to your service.  Fight the reduction of the benefits.  I cannot remember all of the intricacies of removing a rating but I did not think they could just say the rater made an error and change your rating to zero.  That is a question for @asknod.  I still would fight this all the way to the BVA is necessary.