VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mileage reimbursement

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I’ve missed out on the past 3 years of driving to all my appointments except the ones in the past 30 days but there’s an easier process now on a tab on the new va.gov website. They give you the form now go fill out and you fax it or hand deliver  it to your appointment at the Appropriate office. So check the criteria and don’t miss out....

31AA6ECC-A5C8-41EB-9216-0AB21D8D3C96.png

24E15587-902B-45EB-8206-D170A1791C68.png

46 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

here is a box just outside the door

;mine has the same thing.. 3 of my travel reimbursement requests disappeared into it never to be seen again. When I ask them at the window where my payments from 9 months ago are they tell me they are working on a huge pile but the VA hasn't hired the replacement for the clerk to do that. ...9 months....

At my VA hospital it's on the kiosk where you check in. If I remember correctly it's the second bar from the bottom. Press the button scan your card and the kiosk prints out a receipt and tells you nothing more is necessary. It does seem the money is deposited quicker in your account if you use the paper form though.

Been trying for months to get mileage reimbursement for a c&p exam set up by a contractor for VA. It was about 150 round trip miles. Anyone else had this happen to them. Who do we contact besides the outfit that set this all up cause i’m Still waiting......pete