VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Post Exchange And Commisary Privilages

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

What do we need in order to get PX and Commisary privilages? Do you have to be rated 100% to get an ID card? I am 60%. Am I eligible to use the commissary and PX? A while back someone posted the forms needed to obtain a military ID card, could they post it again?

I am close to a Army Arsenal that has PX and Commissary among the regular Army base activities. I already have a Department of the Army MWR ID card for gaining access to the gym etc., But I think you have to have a military type ID card to use the PX and Commisary. Right or Wrong?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

MMM.. actually my DOD ID has something like VA/MWR/Commissary actually typed onto it in a block. I dont know about a seperate card except the one I've gotten for taking a class on boaters safety, pottery and other stuff and the MWR Travel card thing..(was it a Tiger card, or a gold card... cant remember) I never bothered geting one of those because I never would have used it really.

And you do have to be 100%, either TDIU or schedular. You are also normally entitled to ChampVA at that point and your family can get insurance cards as well.

All you have to do is go to the nearest National Guard center or post, base etc. and with the VA rating decision (or a letter, if you ask for one the VA will make a specific one for them) and the normal other stuff like marriage licenses and birth certificates and probably social security cards. Just call your local guard or reserve unit, and they can tell you what days the are doing ID (some do not do them every day)

OH are they requiring a specific letter now? I just used my rating decision I think but it was so long ago I dont remember. I know to get my property taxes forgiven I had to have a specific letter, as well as for car registration and tags.

And you do have to be 100%, either TDIU or schedular. You are also normally entitled to ChampVA at that point and your family can get insurance cards as well.

Do you know this to be fact? My brother is 70% but is TDIU. He looked into it and was told he could not get commisary/PX priveledges or ID card unless he was 100% schedular. Was he misinformed? Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

He was misinformed. He can be 100% TDIU if it is P&T and get the card the ChampVA for spouse and kids. The real key is P&T.

Yeah I got mine when I was 80% and TDIU as well. I'm over 100 now, but I got it when I was TDIU total and permanent. Maybe you can get the DOD ID without being total and permanent I'm not really certain, but for ChampVA you have to be T&P...

Edited by sixthscents