VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not quite ED but the opposite question

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

So when I started anxiety/depression meds. a few months back I haven't been able to finish with my partner which i know isn't ED but I guess they call it delayed ejaculation. This is a concern and all though you wish you had this issue most of the time failing to finish isn't awesome for either person. I've tried a couple things to help the situation but clearly it has changed dramatically since meds. Is there code for this? Thank you

Quick little update to this issue. Its been since May and I've been through 4 different medications some adding crazy side effects like cold sweats , bad dreams, more anxiety and that type of stuff. Still have the ED and today I go to a C&P for it. I'm trying for SMC K since the research I've done and what the fine people here think I believe I should get it. If I have to stay on these meds. and they can't find one that works then ED it is I guess. Kind of sucks. As soon as I hear back or have more info., I will add it in here. Maybe somebody else has the same issue and this could help them. Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Riplip If the meds don't work, or have bad side effects, you don't have to take the meds to get SMC(k). Don't let them say that to you. It's like hearing aides; just because you don't wear them doesn't take away the fact that you can't hear. Have a listing of the different meds that were prescribed, and what side effects/results from taking them to bring to the C&P and show them. If you can show s-c for the ED, like taking meds that VA prescribed FOR A S-C disability, I expect you will get the grant. IMO

Thanks GBArmy that is exactly what I had when I went there. This place was a dump that the VA sent me too. The two women were talking through every question together like it was there first time. It was really weird. It seems like one nurse was an interpreter for the other. With my hearing I couldn't understand anything this doctor said. I was glad there was a second person. When they had to inspect my gear it was really uncomfortable. They were both down there talking to each other about and looking it over for a long while. Very strange.  I denied their request to check my prostate haha. If it took that long for them to talk about my gear I didn't want them digging around my backside. I hope by not letting them stick their fingers up my ass it doesn't get denied. I felt it wasn't necessary since I've never had a prostate issue and i had a physical back in August that was fine. I guess I'll see but that was the weirdest C&P I've ever been through. 

It was kind of funny. I hope i win the prize I was shooting for haha

Just figured I'd send an update in case anyone else has the same backwards ED instead of the typical can't get it hard type. They awarded me 0% SC and the SMC for not being able to ejaculate. It was a quick case as well. Had my C&P only a couple weeks ago. So if the meds you are taking for a SC issue are making your sex life more difficult then you can shoot for ED even though you can still get aroused.