VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EPTS, Permanently aggravated by service condition

Rate this question

Ric

Question

Hello Brother & Sister Veterans. I have a question that has caused me some concern, every since I finally received all my medical records from the NPRC, addressing when I separated from the Military in 1992. I was directed by an MNRB TO MEB. Diagnosis was :Symptomatic pes planus , condition EPTS , the  Doc stated" Due to the pain in both feet, the patient is unable to run, participate in physical training, or stand in formation, and is unable to perform in MOS, in spite of permanent profile given in 1990:. The MEBD form states" permanently aggravated by service."

Question is this, if that condition existed, and the documents support a permanently aggravated by service" condition/disability, should my discharged have been a medical?

Btw, I just  signed and sent off a 20-0995, the claim was closed, but I received additional medical records from being stationed AT SHAPE & EUCOM, Not going to complain, just thankful it came in. Still need an answer for the above question., Thanks  

Thanks in advance for any insight and recourse. I am a a disabled Vet, served both USMC and USARMY.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Short answer?  

Im not sure it matters, whether your discharge was "medical", honorable, etc., it sounds like it was good enough to get benefits since you are SC.  

Remember, if you applied within a year of discharge, you should get an effective date back to the day after discharge.  

Maybe you know something about "medical discharges" that I dont know (that is entirely possible) that would make the type of discharge relevant.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Medically discharge or not  you still qualify for all benefits.

especially if they said in your medical records

'' and the documents support a permanently aggravated by service"

That is the opening the door for service connection.

The only bad discharge would be of course Dishonorable or Desertion discharge

17 hours ago, Ric said:

Hello Brother & Sister Veterans. I have a question that has caused me some concern, every since I finally received all my medical records from the NPRC, addressing when I separated from the Military in 1992. I was directed by an MNRB TO MEB. Diagnosis was :Symptomatic pes planus , condition EPTS , the  Doc stated" Due to the pain in both feet, the patient is unable to run, participate in physical training, or stand in formation, and is unable to perform in MOS, in spite of permanent profile given in 1990:. The MEBD form states" permanently aggravated by service."

Question is this, if that condition existed, and the documents support a permanently aggravated by service" condition/disability, should my discharged have been a medical?

Btw, I just  signed and sent off a 20-0995, the claim was closed, but I received additional medical records from being stationed AT SHAPE & EUCOM, Not going to complain, just thankful it came in. Still need an answer for the above question., Thanks  

Thanks in advance for any insight and recourse. I am a a disabled Vet, served both USMC and USARMY.

Thanks brothers, that helped some of my thought process on issues of disability ion my feet. My next question is this? Since the Army has shown a condition permanently aggravated by service, why didn't they notify me of it  then and  my options? They completely skipped that part when I separated, and why after so many years of fighting the VA, who allegedly  has access to my military records, made me fight for that particular disability benefit when I claimed it?   Should I try to appeal that overlooked aspect of my disability  from the Army. I was just curious if any one else had a similar situation? and is it worth  attempting to recoup benefits from the Army and VA, back to that time of my Army separation in 92? I think I have exhausted all disabilities, after my discharge from the Marine Corps in 72 . They completely  deny my claims of TOXIC exposure first at Camp LeJeune and then Fort McClellan, so I'm trying for secondary claims. Any help is greatly appreciate, thanks again. Sorry if it sounds like whining, I am try to avoid ambulance chasers on my claims.

Edited by Ric

• HadIt.com Elder

I would suggest that you contact a good lawyer to consider if you have any case. It goes back quite a while so any award for back pay would be signifcant. Not being a lawyer, though, my question is how can you win an award if you never submitted a claim? That is why you would need a lawyer. They have to have something to use for you being denied "due process." IMO. As to Camp Lejeune and injuries, we would have to see details.