VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

MO2VET

So I was recently granted TDIU and noticed a large lump sum deposit into my DIRECT DEPOSIT on 9/16/2019. Well that account cannot hold large sums of money over $10,000 so I provided them with the new account information 9/17/2019. Well my award is STILL suspended and I'm frustrated and broke. I have two kids with one of them being 19months old.  I have no food and $40 to my name.  I'm two months behind on rent and my lights will be shut off in less than a week. Of course, the VA is taking their precious time to un-suspend my award.  Im calling everyone I can including the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to see if I can get it expedited. Anyone know of this or has went through this. What can I expect and any advice>  Thanks.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Congratulations on your win!

You can file a hardship request to get them to speed things up. You'll need to have the proof to backup the request. I hope they get it resolved asap!

Edited by Vync

Hi Vync....thank you so much and yes they put the hardship in yesterday...I have so many things to do tomorrow. My son's first day of headstart he's 19months I have to be there early to do paperwork then I have a VA appt. I wlll have to go to my landlord office to get the letter showing im behind I have the bills already...I will just fax it from the VA...I'm just so tired of all this crap

• HadIt.com Elder

Great advise from Oceanbound. Anytime you get a shutdown notice from the power company, water company, etc. you should be calling and try to negotiate a stretch out plan of some sort. In this case, it is highly likely that if they are notified that a payment is coming soon, they will work with you. In fact, it is in their best interests. If they respond favorably, they will likely get some, if not all coming to them. If they shut you off, many customers will just up and move and start all over, so it is a calculated business move. Good advise for anyone in this situation

If I were you I would be emailing the head of my local Regional Office. The standard VA email pattern is firstname.lastname@va.gov.....make sure you put the DOT between first and last names.

you can find them on the local VA's website under the leadership team.

I would copy everyone on the leadership team list, just in case one of them has an odd name and end up with bob34.smith9@blah blah

I would also copy that email to both my  senators and state representative in washington. I would copy the state governor and everyone at the state level

I would tell them point blank, the VA is dragging its feet, i am on the verge of being kicked out and if I don't get some help me an my kids will be planted on the sidewalk in front to the VA Regional Office in a tent and I will call a press conference.

Put them on BLAST

We just had another mother of 2 do this and went from dawdling to getting her award in like 5 days, the head of the VA jumping when she snaps her fingers and a direct conduit to one of her Senators.

The others are correct. Do call the Power company etc and negotiate with them for a little more time.

For Proof of the money, go to Ebenefits or VA.gov and log in. Go look at your letters. Generate your Letters.

Also go to the Payment History link and screen cap that page. If you have a laptop take that with you to you landlords office and show them in the actual webpage that your claims are real and it is just a snafu being straightened out.

good luck, let us know what happens.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use