VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

MO2VET

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats!!! Hard work does pay off; you do what you gotta do. As advised, be careful with spending the money. Necessary bills, like the power company first, but don't be foolish with it. Good luck to you and your family.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! 

How long did your claim take? From when you filed to when it was closed? Also how long from when it was closed to when you started receiving your new monthly $ amount and retro? 

My husband filed in Sept & had a c and p shortly after but nothing’s changed since. Just wanted to compare timelines, I’ve heard others taking years and then months to even see your increase in $ each month after a decisions made. We have two small children and are also struggling. Any insight would be helpful thanks!!

Congratulations.

@HAR2016, it can be months to years.  I have seen one case here move quickly after the wife contacted the congressman's office and told them they were going to lose their home and be homeless.  If you are in dire straights try to contact your congressman and see what they can do.  The VA also has a hardship application that you can fill out if you are in danger of losing your home or becoming homeless.  My case took ten years.

Main direct utilities are supposed to have payment plans setup in there website and or a promise to pay. I been there done that .. homeless, shutoff single dad on streets with son etc.. There are also Veteran organizations that become a big gun in your corner.

State run VA supportive funding

Voc rehab might have connections in your state.

local welfare services that have a Veteran ambassador.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use