VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Approved- Back Pay

Rate this question

Mcbwv

Question

Claim recently approved-  My effective date is 4 Jan 20019. I received back pay for 7 months on my claim. I understand it starts retro pay from February 1st until now. However it looks like I wasn't paid  for September as if the shorted me a month. Does anyone have any insight on why I was only paid for 7 months?

I also just added my 3 dependents all over 18 but fulltime enrolled in college. How long do these claims take to be added and retro pay?

• HadIt.com Elder

Same response applies that I answered to your last post yesterday. Basically, we don't know.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mcbwv

We need more information to better help you

when did you first file? and when was you approved?

dates on filing and dates when you were approved?

Remember you have a Year to file a Notice of disagreement  if you disagree with their decision  in this case it is your EED you would appeal for  even just a month  if your entitled you certainly deserve all your entitled to.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mcbwv ''quoted''

''I also just added my 3 dependents all over 18 but fulltime enrolled in college. How long do these claims take to be added and retro pay?''

get confirmation on this  and it usually will be added within 30 days and should be on your next check  if you never added your dependents when you filed   then you will only be paid from the time they add your dependents...you should have included your dependents when you filed your claim and set up your routing# for direct deposit.

• HadIt.com Elder
7 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Same response applies that I answered to your last post yesterday. Basically, we don't know.

sorry GB I just now seen this  I never knew you were helping him out.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not a problem, Buck. He's new, and he started a new post. Same question.??? But jump in anytime; I need all the help I can get😉 Especially a man of your expert knowledge and good looks!

• HadIt.com Elder

Rightbackatcha GB...😊