VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How up2date is VA.GOV, BVA appeal status page?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How up2date is VA.GOV, BVA appeal status page? or is it yet another mystery the VA gives us?

I was wonder is it it weekly, or monthly, or?

I was sent a form asking if wanted to submit more info, etc.. I submitted a statement, and checked waive the 60 days, do not send to RO. Decide my claim now.

It appears they got back the remands and the AMC finished my remands and sent whatever it was back to the BVA Judge.

Since I waived the 60 day wait, etc... almost a month has passed... So, that 60 day waiver is smoke and mirrors. Or the Status page hasn't been updated in 2 months.

The status page says the judge is getting more information, which I take it was the info that the AMC had and returned.

I know asking when is not something anyone can answer, but it is now going on 11 years for my claims, or at least my claims since the 1990's.

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok, I maybe wrong, I thought I read some of my files went to the AMC.... but maybe not.. in any case, I signed the BVA paper they gave me with a choice for the 60 day waiver and no return of my claims and appeals to the VARO. Yet, it is still back to judge looking for opinions, even though months ago it was in the decision phase and out of the one it went back to..  honesty and no lying by the va..... that's al I want.

Big news! No, the bva is still jerking me around,, no decision.. The doctor who was caring for me in the GI clinic when I was living the San Diego VA clinic... with the failed pancreatic surgery and I filed the 1151:

This is what happened to him and what he was doing, and took some of my parts too for biopsy and I had sepsis and internal bleeding fighting for my life... Dr. Ho, was one of my doctors!!!

==============

https://inewsource.org/2019/10/01/veterans-affairs-investigation-san-diego/?fbclid=IwAR3dIVQi4xECowjvEJpaaJYKBdq7M-hK9_mCCgw-6wWLrs7xkzTAl8-KjKg

Seven years of whistleblowing

After learning the latest on the congressional hearing, Buck told her story for what seemed like the hundredth time.

She was a liver researcher at the San Diego VA in 2013 — and a member of the VA’s research safety review board — when Dr. Samuel Ho proposed a study on veterans with alcoholic liver disease that would examine leftover biopsy tissue from the ill patients.

As Buck read the research proposal, she grew concerned that Ho planned to perform medically unnecessary liver biopsies for the sake of research, putting the patients at risk of internal bleeding and other complications.

Buck contacted her supervisors, warning them not to approve the study. It was approved anyway.

“I was hopeful for like, I guess 15 minutes,” Buck said. “But when I started talking to the people that could have stopped this, they just kept patting me on the head pretty much and telling me, ‘It’s okay. You convinced us. We’re not going to do it that way now. But now we’re going to do it this way.’”

Edited by retiredat44