VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim Closed then Correcting an Error

Rate this question

Kuwaitin08

Question

OK, back on September 3 I received a notice that said my Higher Level Review was closed and to expect a letter regarding the decision. After about a week having not received the letter I contacted the 800 number and they said it should be there any day.

Today is September 18 and I looked on the VA website for the phone number again and I saw my status was changed from closed to the VA is correcting an error.

Does anyone have any clue what that means or if that is a good or a bad thing? I’m just looking for opinions or the off chance that someone else has experienced this.

75B8A2AB-231F-4A34-935F-7C2361B63D88.png

• HadIt.com Elder

Kuwaitin08, I realize you are anxious to find out what's going on but unfortunately, you're just going to have to wait.We say it all the time; ebennies is just not reliable, dependable, accurate or timely a lot. Your example is proof.There is no reason to speculate, whether it is  good thing or a bad thing.There are multiple reasons. It could mean that at the decision process they saw an obvious omission; something was not accounted for, and it went back for additional development. It could be that the rater missed something and it was found out late in the cycle. Can't guess and do you really expect that Peggy is going to give you an accurate accounting now? Best bet is to find something to do and wait for the decision letter. Hard to do, but that's going to be about all you can do.

Yes. Mine was closed a few weeks ago. I had 5 things that I appealed. 3 were approved and two were not. VA.gov did not update at all until all were complete. Ebenefits updated the day something was approved.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 12:44 PM, lawbro said:

@Kuwaitin08 mine is currently saying the same thing. Did yours ever get cleared up? This is what mine looks like:

image.thumb.png.4e8d5d0f49d340008e82f47890eb7279.png