VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I have a question for you knowledgeable Hadit Vets. I am TDIU. I put in for ED under Secondary. I was awarded the SMC-K no rating as ED has no rating. I then put in for TMJ and Bruxism. My question is why was it awarded with a percentage? I thought all secondary claims go under SMC? I absolutely want nothing to do with filing a new claim separate from SMC. I am already 100 and only want to put in secondary issues if needed. So the main question is do some secondary claims filed receive a percentage?

• HadIt.com Elder

The way they did my E.D. Claim for secondary to PTSD beings its not a direct service connected claim and is secondary to a service connected claim  they awarded the E.D @ 0 % But pays the 108.** monthly in addition to what I get that is service connected

...so with an ED CLAIM SECONDARY it is paid the 108.** in addition to what comp you already get but its 0% service connected

.....I don't understand why the don't just service connect it at 10%    but my guessing is its cheaper to do it the way they do it because on a 10% S.C. PAYS OUT MORE THAN THE 108.** MONTHLY

MAYBE THIS IS WHY THEY DON'T GIVE THE 10% FOR SECONDARY CLAIM FOR E.D. SMC K lOSS OF USE OF A BODY ORGAN?