VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC Claim

Rate this question

SpaceAce54

Question

I filed an FDC for CAD on 9/11/2019 while reviewing va.gov working on a I-9 appeal less than a week later I noticed on 9/17/2019 the claim had already been decided.

It stated CAD (HYP on Appeal) secondary, notice to be sent in 7-10 days, I also received notice on 9/17/2019 that they received my claim.

When checking Ebenefits to review for any possible increase as stated on va.gov it did not show CAD or increase.

As of 9/19/19 I checked va.gov again and the claim for CAD no longer is showing on the site?

I realize it would be almost impossible for the VA to process anything in 6 days but I wonder why my claim is no longer showing on va.gov?

I guess it's time to give Peggy a call.

Any info would be of interest.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

This is an unfortunate situation, and many of us share your pain.  The VA does not give us access to our VBMS file, but they do give VSO's and or lawyers access, provided that these representatives have jumped through VA hoops to obtain access.  

Im with you, I think we should be allowed to read only access our complete file online.  

In my opinion its a denial of due process for us NOT to be able to access our file.  

If you were in court, and the government did not allow you to know what charges or what evidence was against you, dont you think this is a denial of due process?

Judge: You are guilty. 

You: "Of what charge, your honor?" 

Aw heck, go to jail and I will figure out which one..someday.

We need to know what evidence the VA has for/against us.  They only way to do that is access to the same files the VA has.  

The courts have ruled our VA benefits are a protected asset and we are entitled to due process.  Someone needs to fight VA on this.  Knowing all the evidence is part of due process. 

Pro Se Vets also deserve due process!!!

Edited by broncovet

Indeed he does!!!!

"I realize it would be almost impossible for the VA to process anything in 6 days"

I agree , something is wrong.

Peggy probably won't have  clue- you could file an IRIS complaint, under their Contact Us button on the main VA web site.

I called Peggy this morning they have combined my CAD FDC with a secondary claim I have for hypertension secondary to OSA which was denied and is pending I-9 which is due by the 14th of Oct.

They also change the claim to hypertensive vascular disease from CAD.

I have a Cariac cath report stating Multivessel coronary disease and a transthoracic echo showing EF=45-50% which have not been submitted yet since I am having by-pass surgery on 10/1.

I have additional testing being done before surgery next week Should I wait for more testing info and submit additional results as FDC for CAD again? 

thanks for any input you can provide.

• HadIt.com Elder

SpaceAce54

Diagnostic codes 7005 and 7006 I believe are what you should be basing your decision on. Since you already have claims working, I think I would be waiting until after the surgery and then putting in a new claim for your heart. I am assuming these are S-C, and you don't have a problem proving it. Also, you can also add scaring as another disability rating if it is applicable. You would get the recovery period also rated at 100%. But your METS scoring should improve after the surgery. Maybe someone else can chime in on the timing. Maybe because the surgery is pending you can put in for it now (and pick up an earlier EDD at the 100%.) In any case, I wish you well with your surgery and God speed on your recovery.