VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cervical spine arthritis

Rate this question

Rh3

Question

I’ve recently been to the chiro and he said I had 50% degradation in my neck due to arthritis likely due to my military service. I have had lumbar fusion as a result of my service already and sit at 80% rated. How do I go about proving connection for the nexus letter to get rated for this? 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Did you have any event in service where you had an injury/sick call visit/complaint regarding your neck? If not, are you service connected for anything that may have caused the neck issue (i.e. secondary service connection)? How long has it been since you left active duty?

You will need a Dr. to provide a letter stating that your current neck issue is a result of something that happened while you were in service, and provide a sound rationale for that opinion.

You should also look through your medical records to find times where you sought treatment for the neck issue since you left active duty, to establish chronicity of the condition, and not a new injury.

• HadIt.com Elder

NoZZZ's has provided sound advise. Request your C-file and medical records to search for anything medical. If you find any other injury that would possibly suggest a connection, you should consult with a doc for an IMO. You will need a detailed medical opinion for such a claim; if you just submit yourself without a professional opinion in support, you will be trumped because you are not qualified to make such a medical analysis, and the VA's medical opinion will win every time.