VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CRDP Process can't find what I'm looking for

Rate this question

ngavazzo

Question

Hello everyone.  I have tried to find the answer to my question, but it seems everyone has a slightly different case. I retired back in December of 2018 at 20 years of service.  I was NOT Medically retired.  It was a normal retirement.  I had a lot of medical issues my last 2 years of service but I was allowed to finish my service and retire honorably.  I just received my rating of 100% P&T.  I haven't received my official letter in the mail yet, but I have read my summary letter on the VA website.  The Summary says that I am indeed 100% P&T, but my monthly benefit is only $1400.  I talked to a VA rep on the phone and she said I can't receive both Retirement and Disability pay so my total Disability pay has been offset by my retirement pay.  I found that odd because of retired service men I work with who receive both.  I started researching CRDP but can't find what I am looking for.  Everything I have read leads me to believe I should be able to receive both retirement pay and full Disability Pay.  I searched to see if the rules for CRDP have recently changed and have found nothing of the sort.  Why am I not entitled to CRDP?  What does DFAS have to do with it and if enrollment is automatic who is responsible for enrolling me?

I hope to get some answers to these questions.  Thank you for help and advice in advance.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks to everyone for the advice and links.  I believe I understand the process.  So if I'm correct, DFAS will audit my account automatically to verify I am eligible for the CRDP and if so they will fund back the amount the VA withholds.  This essentially establishes both full retirement and full disability.  If this is incorrect feel free to chime in.