VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Vets

Rate this question

Oceanbound

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I got tested for heavy metals and it cost me $110 for the Heavy metals urine test with Lead, Mercury, Nickel, Aluminum, Arsenic, and Cadmium. 

Unfortunately, these non-essential elements are toxic at very low doses and non-biodegradable with a very long biological half-life. Thus, exposure to heavy metals is potentially harmful. Because of its ability to reabsorb and accumulate divalent metals, the kidney is the first target organ of heavy metal toxicity. The extent of renal damage by heavy metals depends on the nature, the dose, route and duration of exposure.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oceanbound This is a good post; we don't get many entries on Gulf War and I & A  related disabilities/issues. Do you have to get a specific referral from your doc for the heavy metals test and what kind of doc would request that? Also, would you be willing to redact and post those results? It may be very helpful to others with the same problems you are experiencing. Again, best of luck.

The VA did it but was very sub par, a course, not a surprise there. So I'm using that against them with this private test. I had my chiropractor order the test, since I was waiting for my new private physician and that was months away for the appointment, and I hate waiting if it's unnecessary I will find a faster way.

So what happens if you test positive for heavy metals. Order a bottle of EDTA.

EDTA is a chemical that binds and holds on to (chelates) minerals and metals such as chromium, iron, lead, mercury, copper, aluminum, nickel, zinc, calcium, cobalt, manganese, and magnesium. When they are bound, they can't have any effects on the body and they are removed from the body.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use