VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Level Review Timeline

Rate this question

BAM_

Question

I recently posted on here my confusion about appealing an EED to VBA or HLR. My VSO had me submit an appeal with a HLR. In case anyone is interested in how that process is going for me, here's where I'm at.

Submitted HLR received August 7th
HLR made decision September 19 (claim closed temporarily) 
VA identified an error September 19
Veterans Benefits Administration is correcting an error September 22 (New status)

The HLR did make a change to one of my EED appeals (I have two that I'm claiming for a EED).  HLR changed it from 1/30/2019 to 1/13/2016. Retro pay hit my account today.

I'm sure I will receive some details on the decision in the mail and hopefully what the error is. I called Peggy Friday and they just said I'll get the decision in the mail and they couldn't tell me anything over the phone.

image.png.0f5dfa4c0b310d7e906a8959c887705c.png

@Kuwaitin08 I ask because when I called to find out my appeal status after it updated to error the representative mentioned it over the phone. She said they mailed me out a packet/letter and went on to say something about a 5103 and a restricted report and if I don't receive it this week to call back. 

I don't know I'm assuming they are switching me to the supplemental lane and a 5103 from what I read seems like more development to me. My initial claim was denied because they said I didn't have a diagnosis of PTSD on my c and p exam. My diagnosis were panic disorder with agorphobia and severe depression both were at least as likey according to my c and p exam. However the vba stated without a diagnosis of PTSD they can't grant it. So when my claims agent sent in my appeal paperwork basically telling to them look in my va medical records they will see that I have been diagnosed my va psychiatrist initially for PTSD along with other diagnosis of depression and panic disorder.  It's like they do what to acknowledge my initial diagnosis of PTSD from my psych doctor at the va or purposely trying to overlooked it.

Edited by Bluebonnie
Misspelled

@Bluebonnie that just sounds crazy. My initial claim was for general anxiety disorder and the VA changed it to PTSD. I’m not sure why though because the rating don’t change at all based on the title. General anxiety disorder and PTSD are exactly the same on every percentage level. I’m not sure what the heck is going on with yours. I’ve never seen or heard of that before. 

I swear sometimes it seems like they don’t read the notes or records at all.

good luck with yours.

Hi @BAM_ I was reading over your situation and mine seems to be also in the same boat. Did you ever get yours cleared up? This is where my HLR is sitting currenlty:

image.thumb.png.0a4bcd3c49eec911a8c62aefdb566514.png

Edited by lawbro

@lawbro my HLR just closed last Thursday (06FEB20). Got the BBE yesterday and to my surprise it called for a reduction in my overall combined rating.

Just to give an update I was seeking EED for two different issues, one was resolved as I noted in my original post, the other they found a CUE and had to address it. So they did agree with me that I should have had an EED for the second issue.

However the CUE was from the last C&P I had with that same issue I was asking for an EED, they had the C&P Nurse Practitioner  go back in and change her findings and it wasn't good for me. So that actually lowered my rating. I have read many times that when you put in for anything they can look over everything.

To sum it up. I got a EED for both issues and retro pay for both but they then had an amendment done to a C&P exam and change the rating.

So it drop 10% for me. I contacted my VSO  and they have requested a hearing, which is one of the options I have. 

Took almost 6 months from beginning to end.

Hi @BAM_

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I called and spoke to Peggy and she told me that the "Error" found was what my HLR request was for. They didn't take the IMO that I submitted from Dr. Anaise into account so my claim is being moved back into the Developmental phase. They told me that the current date it's set for is to be complete by October 2020... That really sucks that they lowered your rating and had the C&P examiner change her findings. How is that legal? I'm sure that when you get your hearing you'll win but it's such a dang hassle to have to go through. 

You know the drill though, don't stop fighting, it's what they WANT you to do. Good luck brother!

Hello,

I submitted a HLR. On the VA.Gov site, there is a green bubble which says, "A senior reviewer is taking a new look at your case."  Does that mean my HLR has been assigned? I am not sure how many stages there are for a HLR.

Thanks!