VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Level Review Timeline

Rate this question

BAM_

Question

I recently posted on here my confusion about appealing an EED to VBA or HLR. My VSO had me submit an appeal with a HLR. In case anyone is interested in how that process is going for me, here's where I'm at.

Submitted HLR received August 7th
HLR made decision September 19 (claim closed temporarily) 
VA identified an error September 19
Veterans Benefits Administration is correcting an error September 22 (New status)

The HLR did make a change to one of my EED appeals (I have two that I'm claiming for a EED).  HLR changed it from 1/30/2019 to 1/13/2016. Retro pay hit my account today.

I'm sure I will receive some details on the decision in the mail and hopefully what the error is. I called Peggy Friday and they just said I'll get the decision in the mail and they couldn't tell me anything over the phone.

image.png.0f5dfa4c0b310d7e906a8959c887705c.png

• HadIt.com Elder

Gboyington Welcome to Hadit. It means that it is at the first stage. They received your claim and have assigned it to someone. To you or I, it means absolutly nothing. And, that message usually stays that way until they make a decision. HLR's are not updated on status like regular claims It runs 3 to 4 months to get an answer so do yourself a favor. Don't check on it every day. Or every other day for that matter. It's going to be a while.