VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File ??

Rate this question

El Train

Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

El Train

It has, or should have everything the VA needed to make a decision on your claim. Admittedly, not everything that should be in there gets in there, or stays in there for that matter, but it would have your medical records, dbq's, decision letters, and all kinds of documents that you never knew existed. They are now scanned digitally, so it is much harder for stuff to get "lost." If you are considering submitting a claim now or in the future, it is every wise to request it. It comes on a disc and will have medical entries possibly that can help prove your in-service injury, etc.

• HadIt.com Elder

Scottishere99

I don't know but it has been going on for years. They have been pulling old files from years past and have been scanning them as well. Certainly there is a lot more work to be done on the older stuff. Unfortunately, there are a lot of errors made, like not coping the back sides of documents, folded or creased pages, etc. so veterans are well advised to hang on to any hard copies of important docs that they have.

just to make sure im right i sent off for my medical record im looking alot of forums and i now thing the medical record i sent off for is not this c-file,  where about do i send for that file if you dont mind me asking.  So many files and forms to try and remember ugh lol