VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA found an error in their duty to assist

Rate this question

Kuwaitin08

Question

I just received a letter regarding a higher level review that says the VA has found an error in their duty to assist.  Has anyone else ever receive that letter? If so, how’d yours turn out? I have received many letters from the VA but nothing like that one.

Still waiting patiently…

• HadIt.com Elder

Bigprive Welcome to Hadit. It is neither. The VA found missing info, possibly an incomplete DBQ or something that needs further development. If you want a possitive spin, it is good because without the info, you likely would have been denied. Just go to the new C&P; don't miss it.

We just got this same letter (I'm writing for my husband). The weird thing with us is that we already had received a notice that there was a mistake found during the HLR (they found a service connection). They scheduled him for 3 tests, he did all his testing 6 weeks ago, and now he gets this letter . I would understand if we got it before the tests, but we're not sure what it means at this point. They forgot to send him for some particular test? We'll just have to wait and see. We assumed we'd have a new decision any time now, but it's not looking that way.