VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Called CUE on themselves ... 4 times

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Just got this in the mail today where the VA called CUE on themselves 4 times in one decision as well as adjusting rating for a sympathetic claim.  They originally granted me 10% on each knee for arthritis ... I didn't know anything about being able to file for scars.  They went back on their own and retroactively granted the scars for a year before which increased the rating I had at that time from 80% to 90%.

CUE.jpg

Edited by RBrogen

Just now, RBrogen said:

Yes but not related directly. 

What I am getting at is that i suspect getting your CUE may have triggered this look that made the VA cue itself.

What will be interesting is how long they drag out answering the cue you filed.

1 hour ago, GeekySquid said:

What I am getting at is that i suspect getting your CUE may have triggered this look that made the VA cue itself.

What will be interesting is how long they drag out answering the cue you filed.

It's sorta weird in that I sent my CUE in on 9/17 and I had 2 other claims going, 1 was a supplemental and the other was a high level review.  The decision letter actually combines parts of both of those claims.  I did confirm with VA that they are in receipt of the CUE that I sent in. Though one of the agents I spoke with asked me if I had filed it on the standard form and when I told her that there wasn't a specific form required for CUE, she said that most of the CUEs that she sees are sent in on the 21-526EZ so she was wondering if they would kick it back or not.  The other agent I spoke with confirmed it was in the portal awaiting to be entered into the system and assigned so it is a wait and see.  With now the scars, arthritis and meniscus now all SC, I'm hoping that all of those will also be awarded all the way back to 1999 which would take the rating from 20% to 60% for 20 years with wife and 1-3 kids.  That would be life changing.

7 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

It would sorta kick start your kids college funds huh!!!

lol actually at 100% the college fund is already  kicked in ... this would be grad school and a great vacation 🙂