VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Called CUE on themselves ... 4 times

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Just got this in the mail today where the VA called CUE on themselves 4 times in one decision as well as adjusting rating for a sympathetic claim.  They originally granted me 10% on each knee for arthritis ... I didn't know anything about being able to file for scars.  They went back on their own and retroactively granted the scars for a year before which increased the rating I had at that time from 80% to 90%.

CUE.jpg

Edited by RBrogen

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, I live in the next state over and never heard of it. That's super! And I agree with you, we have to do research ourselves. Some of these bennies are not well know. For example, yours only applies to 100% s-c veterans. How many 100% veterans does the average veteran know. Not many, right? So it just is reasonable that veterans wouldn' t have a lot of others to ask questions to. I know you would rather be 0 and have your health, but since you aren't, get everything you deserve.

34 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Well, I live in the next state over and never heard of it. That's super! And I agree with you, we have to do research ourselves. Some of these bennies are not well know. For example, yours only applies to 100% s-c veterans. How many 100% veterans does the average veteran know. Not many, right? So it just is reasonable that veterans wouldn' t have a lot of others to ask questions to. I know you would rather be 0 and have your health, but since you aren't, get everything you deserve.

Yeah vets need to know that if they don't take the responsibility to do the research and see what is available, no one from the government is going to hand hold them and they will miss out on bennies!  We have to take control of our own destiny from a claims, benefit perspective.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
14 hours ago, RBrogen said:

Definitely ... I researched and found that MA has a $2,000 annuity for all 100% vets (paid $1,000 in  Feb and $1,000 in Aug) of each year along with real estate tax, free college tuition etc. so definitely going to leverage that.

That's pretty good. We get a few perks here in Alabama, but the one that makes the most difference for being 100% P&T is waiving homestead tax.

Wow! It's hard enough getting the VA to CUE themselves one time, but four times?!?! Congratulations!! Now if the VA would adjudicate claims correctly the first time around we veteran's would be a lot better off. A win for one vet is a win for all vets!!!

You had a Beauty Randy!!!!!

This is Great News!

The audit I requested is in process and ,if done right, I will be able to withdraw 3 CUEs I have pending.

The CUES were easy to prepare as the all rest on 38 CFR 4.6 violation and complete disregard for an established General Counsel Precedent Opinion.

It is the 4th erroneous audit I have had. They paid the former 3, after I made a stink.

The worse CUE of all is the one that is never filed.

You got Great input from many members and hopefully they will help with future CUE questions here.

I only have time to handle AO issues these days.