• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Successful increase after failed appeal.

Checked my disabilities and also checked my letter and they are both updated so let's pretend it's fact for now.

Went from 10% panic disorder up to 50%

August 27th: Filed for increase

September 16: C&P exam with LHI

October 4: Preparation for Decision

October 6: Preparation for Approval

October 7: Awarded  increase to 50% for panic disorder

Edited by PostMan1988
Added dates
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats, Postman. Keep on truckin'. If you have more disabilities that you feel should be s-c, go right after them. We are here if you need us. Heck, we all need us.

Checked my disabilities and also checked my letter and they are both updated so let's pretend it's fact for now. Went from 10% panic disorder up to 50%   August 27th: Filed for increase

Congrats, Postman. Keep on truckin'. If you have more disabilities that you feel should be s-c, go right after them. We are here if you need us. Heck, we all need us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny thing is my appeal (disagreement with 10%) was denied in July after 4 years of waiting.  SO right after that appeal was denied I just filed for an increase and boom... only took 2 months. Maybe they just didn't want to pay the back pay on the appeal? 

Edited by PostMan1988

Congratulations!

That is pretty much the way it works...the VA weasels out of paying you whenever they can.  

At least as likely:  The VA got New evidence, that was a difference maker. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By seminoles
      I had a cp exam and recently received the results,  I found it odd that the box asking if I was diagnosed with multiple mental health issues said No was checked as I have numerous diagnoses in my VA chart and my last mh cp exams all had yes checked?   Also, I am being treated at the VA for all of them, one of which is panic disorder with agoraphobia.  I do not leave my house alone, ever.  I am on a lot of benzos (I know) because of my panic disorder and yet she said I do not have panic disorder nor panic disorder with agoraphobia.  The last cp examiner said I do have them, which was 3 months ago, but they weren't service connected........ It was rated then and combined with my other mh etc. I am not sure of her angle here, she was super (or acted super concerned) during my exam.  I was having a really bad day honestly and had a panic attack in the waiting room and well, afterward one isn't exactly my best emotional state.  I have bipolar 2 (which I am rated for as well) and I have depression issues from that as well.  Because I was in such a state during my exam I was actually afraid she was going to Baker Act me, I had to assure he repeatedly that I wasn't actually suicidal.  Yes I have suicidal thoughts but I was not suicidal.  There is a difference, I had to explain that to her.  It was really hard and I was a wreck.  She seemed genuinely concerned that I was having such a hard time receiving care through my local va and that choice was taking so long getting me therapy, etc.  She asked all the questions she was supposed to.  This exam was because the first exam was a 10 minute exam where the examiner did not do the full dbq and I requested another.  The box she checked on my notes is for 30%, and she said I have mild bipolar.  That is a joke honestly.  When somone's mental health is at the point that a cp examiner is asking them repeatedly if they are suicidal during their exam, they don't have a mild mental health issue.  She wasn't simply checking the boxes.  I feel like she was covering the other examiner's behind.  In the big picture I guess it doesn't matter, I am IU PT.  Does her saying I don't have panic disorder with agoraphobia negate my diagnosis of every other psychiatrist that says I do? 
    • By seminoles
      My psychiatrist of 10 years transferred last December, I have been waiting to be seen by a new psychiatrist since calling in March to see someone and have my meds redone.  The mental health clinic schedule me with a pharmacist to bridge my meds, I have seen her 3 times.  She is has changed my medication every single time.  I am on xanax, ativan, etc. as well as meds for bipolar and many other sc issues. This pharmacist put in my record that I have agoraphobia without panic disorder.  I clearly have a panic disorder, I have been on anti anxiety meds for at least 10 years, is this so the VA can say it isn't related to my service connected mental health issues?  I also noticed that my future appointment with my new psychiatrist has been canceled, with no new one rescheduled!!   Is  the canceled appointment with no letter, no phone call what is happening to "cook the books" on when we are seen? 
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines