VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with DRO Appeal

Rate this question

lawrencebe

Question

Tomorrow will mark 7 years that I’ve been waiting for the VA to make a decision on my original claim. Currently I’ve been waiting 6 years for a DRO review to be completed, since August 2013, and while things were moving earlier this year with exams, it seems as if my claim has stalled since July of this year. I’m currently Hardship flagged and hopefully waiting for something soon but I’m just seeing if there’s ANYTHING I can do to get this thing moving. 

I have a current White House VA case pending, I’ve contacted lawyers who can’t help until I get an SSOC, my VSO can only give me the “hang in there” speech and my congressman hasn’t replied to my email for assistance. IRIS gives me the same statement that the 800# gives and I can’t opt into any AMA lanes until I get an SSOC. The RO in Oakland has no answers either and after tomorrow I believe it will be time I move on from this VA circus and focus on something else. I just need to know is there anything else I can do?

If I’ve done all I can and need to wait then that’s ok. I feel like I’ve given this a good fight since last April to at least get this far but if there’s anything I can do can you guys let me know?

Thanks for your guys help...

Edited by lawrencebe

There is a lot more to a writ of mandamus than what is listed above. Here is a link to one Ms. Berta wrote back in 2015.

By looking at this one it will give you an idea of what to write. You may also want to write an email to the Chief of Staff for the VA. Her name is Pamela Powers, I have written twice to her and had a response back the same day. One of the responses came from the Chairman of the Board for the BVA and the other one was from someone on her staff. If you write her tell her what the facts are and ask for some assistance. If you have had a claim pending 6 years for a review then I would write her.

The madness is that these things takes years and shouldn't. And that is why we have Writs to file against the VA delays. 

It is that simple, for the fact that you are telling the VA you know what a Writ is by mailing them one. Plus email the Chief of Staff for the VA. And file a complaint to your congressman and senators about VA delays. Congress needs to know repeatedly and often how bad the VA is.  

Unless you get a really good congressional or senatorial veterans rep congress and the senate are useless.  I have moved several times in the past 30 years so I have dealt with many offices.  One office had a vet's rep that was awesome.  She really helped my case move along when I was in limbo at the BVA.  The regional office had did everything they could to make me look bad and she called them on it.  Unfortunately the congressman retired and she was out of a job.