VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P this weekend, nervous and don't know what to expect

Rate this question

jdelta

Question

Like the title says, i go to have an exam for fibro, gerd, and eczyma. Now the last one is a toss up, and the gerd maybe too i don't know. A doctor outside the VA diagnosed me with fibro a few years back. He was an idiot though so i don't know if it was documented(probably, but i also have 30 percent for p.s.t.d. so i'm probably being paranoid). Then again this doctor told me it was my weight blah blah blah. I told him multiple times that a few years prior i was going to the gym alot and the pain has become worse as i age amking it harder to be as active. I try to eat good(chicken and rice, oatmeal) most of the times but we are human. So back to the exam, i have only had one for the p.t.s.d. I was in Iraq day one of the war(March 2003). I was around burn pits and was exposed to the aftermaths of exploded tanks and buildings(hell some we even enter to make sure nobody was hiding or any wmd. I'm registered for the burn pits. I just don't know what to expect, will it be questions, will it be a physical? It's an outside contractor, so i'm hoping less va bias. I'm also too the point of drowning in debt. It's trigger my p.t.s.d. to the point my wife can't even sleep due to my nightmares and waking up with night terrors. I have become much angrier and lashing out. Not physically though, but i don't know what state i'll be in if i get another denial(btw with what i mentioned, i have a bva for freaking tinnitus even though i have stated where i have been. I was also a cavalry scout in the army so i was trained for combat. I have lay statements from a battle buddy, mom, wife, ex and a friend. I just need to know what to expect or what else i need to do to have a shot at an approval? I'm also filed for apnea, va diagnosed me and i have a cpap. Never had a chance to have any of this documented in service due to being told to man up. 

Edited by jdelta

1 hour ago, Oceanbound said:

Order your C-file

Start learning 38 CFR

Go get a heavy metals test, this could explain some of the mental and physical issues you're having and the way you feel without knowing why, and if it comes back positive then you know why. 

Coconut water from 99 cent store helps with the fibro. 

and find a rheumatologist (google your town and rheumatologist, check a few out, and pick one to have him/her be your rheumatologist for the next few years)  because the physician needs to rule out  the following - Rheumatoid arthritis, Lyme disease, STDs, Heavy metals, Lupus and have you be on meds for fibro.  Lyme disease and STDs can be done at the VA but get the results and give it to the Rheu.

Stop lifting weights, if you do.

Unfortunately it won't help or matter for 30 years, just like how Vietnam soldiers came back covered in agent orange and took decades for VA to get a handle on that.  But you can complain yearly to your congress person and two senators about burn pits. Congress makes the laws. 

Im sure i can talk to my va guy here to get the c-file unless he already requested it. Does the va do a heavy metal test? Money is tight so im hoping i can find a good rhuematologist. I have had blood work done so i know i can rule out std's and they said nothing about me having the others. Sadly i stop lifting weights a few years back. 

• HadIt.com Elder

jdelta To answer your question on bringing buddy letters, sure bring a copy and offer them to her. But I can't emphasize enough that you look at the requirements for the disabilities and dbq's  and practice your responses  with your wife. You will be at lot less nervous and feel more prepared.

If you have the diagnosis for your Fibromyalgia bring that with you also. I claimed for Fibromyalgia, but I do not have this in writing but I have a diagnosis per VA (2016). If you have a diagnosis you have what's called a GULF WAR Presumptive disability or medically unexplained chronic multisymptom illness (MUCMI). Google it. There is a lot of information on this subject.

• HadIt.com Elder

As for as increase on your ptsd...do you go to treatment? VA or private insurance? VA has a good treatment clinic ...if your going to VA TREATMENT THAT HELPS WITH YOUR CLAIM.

Check your progress Notes. on Myhealthevet

Edited by Buck52

Thank you all for the responses, less then 48 hours away and you have all made me feel better about this. To answer some of your questions, yes i do get help at the va clinic. I have been practising what to say with family and friends. I looked up some paperwork about something none related and see the doctor did diagnosed me with it in August of 2017. I just need to get the paperwork stating that just to be safe. One more question, what does she have access to va wise if anything at all?

Edit- BTW sorry i didn't reply sooner, since i'm new my messages were pending approval.

Edited by jdelta

• HadIt.com Elder
7 hours ago, jdelta said:

One more question, what does she have access to va wise if anything at all?

jdelta  The examiner has a directive to examine X,Y, and Z.  They are supposed to have your medical files and everything pertaining to you that will help to determine your disabilities. Do they always have a complete package; no. So, if you have documentation that will help your case, like a previous diagnoses, BRING IT. You don't have a lot of your file  as you don't have your c-file, and there is not time to get it as you said. But bring  a copy, not an original, of what you have that will prove your condition if you have it and ask them if they have read it and/or do they want a copy. Your prepared. Go out there and get your exams; ask them when can you get a copy of the exam and how. No coffee the morning of your exam. You don't need it. Hope your wife will be allowed to go with you. Good luck.