VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P this weekend, nervous and don't know what to expect

Rate this question

jdelta

Question

Like the title says, i go to have an exam for fibro, gerd, and eczyma. Now the last one is a toss up, and the gerd maybe too i don't know. A doctor outside the VA diagnosed me with fibro a few years back. He was an idiot though so i don't know if it was documented(probably, but i also have 30 percent for p.s.t.d. so i'm probably being paranoid). Then again this doctor told me it was my weight blah blah blah. I told him multiple times that a few years prior i was going to the gym alot and the pain has become worse as i age amking it harder to be as active. I try to eat good(chicken and rice, oatmeal) most of the times but we are human. So back to the exam, i have only had one for the p.t.s.d. I was in Iraq day one of the war(March 2003). I was around burn pits and was exposed to the aftermaths of exploded tanks and buildings(hell some we even enter to make sure nobody was hiding or any wmd. I'm registered for the burn pits. I just don't know what to expect, will it be questions, will it be a physical? It's an outside contractor, so i'm hoping less va bias. I'm also too the point of drowning in debt. It's trigger my p.t.s.d. to the point my wife can't even sleep due to my nightmares and waking up with night terrors. I have become much angrier and lashing out. Not physically though, but i don't know what state i'll be in if i get another denial(btw with what i mentioned, i have a bva for freaking tinnitus even though i have stated where i have been. I was also a cavalry scout in the army so i was trained for combat. I have lay statements from a battle buddy, mom, wife, ex and a friend. I just need to know what to expect or what else i need to do to have a shot at an approval? I'm also filed for apnea, va diagnosed me and i have a cpap. Never had a chance to have any of this documented in service due to being told to man up. 

Edited by jdelta

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with GB Army, but please don't go to this exam thinking your going to fool this examiner   (as if you been practicing ), do not over say things you maybe sorry for later, we practice so we won't be so stressed out during the exam  and if you tell this examiner some things about your medical condition   you better make sure you have the medical records to back up what you say, its better to listen and answer his questions honestly and keep your cool, if you think this examiners exam is not addressing all the points of your claim bring it up nicely...you need to say Excuse me Dr  but did you read my medical record on my condition about what Dr Smith mention?   things like that, if something is not addressed.

be sure and don't say things like''I have this condition and I have had it for years    things like this let the examiner figure that out  with what medical records he has , if he don't have that particular record  then as GB Army mention  this is the time you need to show this examiner these records  this is why its best to bring them with you to the exam.  just relax and answer all his questions the best you can and be honest and if you don't know  do not make something up, just simply say you don't know.

Good Luck

4 hours ago, GBArmy said:

jdelta  The examiner has a directive to examine X,Y, and Z.  They are supposed to have your medical files and everything pertaining to you that will help to determine your disabilities. Do they always have a complete package; no. So, if you have documentation that will help your case, like a previous diagnoses, BRING IT. You don't have a lot of your file  as you don't have your c-file, and there is not time to get it as you said. But bring  a copy, not an original, of what you have that will prove your condition if you have it and ask them if they have read it and/or do they want a copy. Your prepared. Go out there and get your exams; ask them when can you get a copy of the exam and how. No coffee the morning of your exam. You don't need it. Hope your wife will be allowed to go with you. Good luck.

I'm going to the health clinic later today to get the diagnosis paper. She will come with me and hopefully the doctor speaks to her. As for coffee, i don't drink that stuff lol. 

• HadIt.com Elder

You young bucks are all the same. Probably soda at 7:00 a.m. 🙂

Edited by GBArmy
typo

5 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I agree with GB Army, but please don't go to this exam thinking your going to fool this examiner   (as if you been practicing ), do not over say things you maybe sorry for later, we practice so we won't be so stressed out during the exam  and if you tell this examiner some things about your medical condition   you better make sure you have the medical records to back up what you say, its better to listen and answer his questions honestly and keep your cool, if you think this examiners exam is not addressing all the points of your claim bring it up nicely...you need to say Excuse me Dr  but did you read my medical record on my condition about what Dr Smith mention?   things like that, if something is not addressed.

be sure and don't say things like''I have this condition and I have had it for years    things like this let the examiner figure that out  with what medical records he has , if he don't have that particular record  then as GB Army mention  this is the time you need to show this examiner these records  this is why its best to bring them with you to the exam.  just relax and answer all his questions the best you can and be honest and if you don't know  do not make something up, just simply say you don't know.

Good Luck

I'm going to bring the medical records from the doctor that diagnosed me and my lay statements. I also have my results of my MRI with bulging discs. I have seen the va doctors about my issues. A doctor did a test with my left arm. I even went to Birmingham to have a nerve conduction type test to see if i had nerve damage. I have also had multiple xrays on my back and neck. I also have a list of the issues that i wrote down when i felt them. I also avoid terms like ibs and used words like having the urge to use the restroom even after using it 30 minutes prior. just stuff like, struggled to lift a gallon of milk with my left hand. Or woke up with my thumb staying bent into my hand for about 5 minutes. I have been to the VA and private doctors the last 2 years about these issues. With your guys help and having talked to doctors before about these issues, i'm feeling a lot better about tomorrow.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds good!!!